3-month old Cordless V10 stops every 10 seconds or so - Suggestions? | Dyson Community
Solved

3-month old Cordless V10 stops every 10 seconds or so - Suggestions?

• 4 August 2023
  • 7 replies

• Novice Member
  • 2 replies

Our V10 stops every 10 seconds or so for the 1st few minutes we use it. So we need to repeatedly release then re-press the trigger.The battery is fully charged, it's not full and the filter is clean.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 August 2023, 17:34

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Alright rob. Kind of a hard one to diagnose. If it’s turning on/off, it could be a blockage. Cutting off all together, it could be a weak connection or power issue. You could feasible start with this post and if all else fails contact Dyson. They offer a 2-year cover for parts. This could easily be a warrant claim. 

My cordless vacuum cleaner is making a pulsing noise or switching off after a few seconds of use, what does this mean?

Try the website help section first. Support | Dyson Cyclone V10™ cordless stick vacuum | Dyson

Thanks for the feedback all.

I tried the support site but don’t see my issue unless I missed it somehow.

To better illustrate the video, I posted what’s possibility the more boring video ever uploaded to YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bIFgQJ_VE

It starts with me trying to use it on the middle settings.. see how the first 2 times it cuts out before finally running constantly. Then I switched it to the highest power mode, and as you can see, it wouldn’t work. Then I switched it to the lowest power mode, and it worked fine.

It’s fully charged, the dust canister isn’t particularly full, the filter is cleaned and a visual once over doesn’t reveal anything abnormal.

I’m gonna call Dyson support tomorrow and just ask them to watch the clip.

For a 3 month old device, hoping for a good quick outcome.

Userlevel 5

Faulty trigger or wiring in the main body. Dyson should replace under the warranty. 

Userlevel 5

Dyson don’t allow ordering offline for warranty claims. You’ll have to speak to them. 

Hello @rob 

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community. Sorry to learn about your experience with your Dyson V10.

Usually when there is a form of intermittent power or pulsating, then it is an indicator that the filter needs cleaning or is damaged and need replacing. As you have mentioned you already cleaned your filter, try checking for a blockage within your Dyson. I have added a guideline for you here

If you feel that the trigger mechanism is loose or not how it suppose to be, then the main body/motor would need replacing.

As you advised you will contact us directly regarding this matter, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with one of our Representatives. They’re best placed to help you further and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. 

If you still need any further help regarding this, don't hesitate to respond over here. 

Regards,

Thanks all

I contacted Dyson and they’ve agreed to a replacement after a video call where I demonstrated the issue.