Are the hard floor brushes for V10, v11 etc standard/universal? | Dyson Community
Solved

Are the hard floor brushes for V10, v11 etc standard/universal?

• 2 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a upright stick but not sure which model. It looks like a V10. The serial number on the bottom is of no help as it identifies it as a DC49 which it most definitely is not.  So, my question is if I buy a new hardfloor brush for say a v10 and mine machine happens to be say a V11. I assume so as the wand it attaches to is presumably standard?  

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 3 May 2023, 10:33

View original

3 replies

Alright @neilb

Short answer, yes. 

Their tools are compatible/universal between all Dyson V8™, Cyclone V10™, Dyson V11™, V15 Detect™, Outsize™ and Gen5detect™ models. They call these ‘standard format tools’. 

There a list and instruction on how to purchase these on this post - Dyson Cordless vacuums: Understanding the tools and accessories.

Jay.

Userlevel 5

If you’re having trouble identifying the Dyson model you have, try this: 

Userlevel 1

Thanks.

It seems I have a generation 3 and on the basis the tools are compatible/universal I can now order a new head. 

I have tried to get the point answered by the Dyson support but they were completely and utterly useless. First they insisted that I had a DC49 based on the serial number on my stick cleaner despite me sending them a photo of it as they requested. Then they insisted I go through the fault finding steps and send a screen shot even thought I had told them the issue was a burnt out motor and now they have asked me to confirm the original order details which if I had that I would know what model I have received. 

So, well done this community for a simple answer to my question and zero credit to Dyson itself.