Cordless V11 - Trigger Hard to Press | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V11 - Trigger Hard to Press

• 7 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I bought a v11 cordless vac today- disappointed that I have to depress the trigger whilst USING it. I have arthritis and my hands hurt to keep the trigger depressed. Is there a way for the on trigger switch to stay down? If not I think it’s a huge design fault - sad I’m going to struggle to use it. Paid lots of money for something I didn’t realise would cause me pain! 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 8 May 2023, 20:14

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hi @Annig 

Thank you for reaching out to the wider community.

We can see why the trigger might be an issue for you. Over time and through continued use, this part should have a little more flex. The more you use a machine, the more flexible parts will become - the plastic components are stiff from the manufacturing process, and will become easier to manoeuvre over time. 

Our other members may be able to provide further insights into how they get on with their trigger and how long it took to overcome this issue.

Jodey. 

@Jodey is right! Our trigger started very ridged, took about 6-8 weeks to loosen. That’s about 40+ uses! This has been their design for the better part of a decade. 

If your struggling, you might consider returning it for one of their newer models. The V12 and Gen5 use the new design, both have an on/off button. No need to hold down the trigger. 

Thank you. I would have bought the v12 if I had known that it had an on:off button. I’ve used the machine on the carpet do I doubt I will be able to return it? Hopefully the trigger will become easier with use.  Alternatively the husband will have to be in charge of vacuuming 🤣

good that the problem has been addressed in the newer models