Cordless V15 has too much suction. Is there a way to regulate the suction? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V15 has too much suction. Is there a way to regulate the suction?

• 31 March 2023
  • 3 replies

My V15 suction is so strong it won't work in my house on my carpets. Some vacuums have adjustable suction power.Is there anything that I can use on the Dyson?

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 1 April 2023, 17:33

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @ephraim770 

Your V15 does offer three modes of suction power: 240 air watts in Boost mode, 47 air watts in Medium mode, and 26 air watts in Eco mode. Should you find suction too strong in Boost or Medium mode, Eco is a great setting for you. When using the High torque cleaner head with anti-tangle comb in Auto mode, the DLS technology monitors brush bar resistance and adapts power across different floor types. Suction power will automatically increase when a higher concentration of dust/dirt are detected, and once that dust is removed, the power returns to normal to help conserve the battery. You can use the switch on the Dyson High Torque cleaner head to further adjust the suction. Slide it towards the '+' for maximum suction for ground-in dirt. And towards the '-' for light dirt on deep pile carpets and delicate floor coverings, such as vinyl and lino, plus large debris on durable floor coverings. Leave it in the middle for dust and debris on carpets, rugs and hard floors.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

I tried all the suggestions and the suction is still too strong.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I tried all the suggestions and the suction is still too strong.

Hi @ephraim770

Which head are you using? 

The torque head has a suction slider on the front - try switching that to the lowest setting. If you’re using the other head, and it’s too strong even on the lowest setting, it might be incompatible. Other than switching the head, there is nothing you can do.

Sam.