Cordless v15 - Trigger stays on for few seconds after release | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless v15 - Trigger stays on for few seconds after release

Userlevel 1

https://youtu.be/d0t2cwDpSNw

hey dyson fans

I've just bought v15 absolute plus and it's amazing vacuum and all but sometimes not every time but happens many times i think, the vacuum stays on for few seconds when i leave my trigger and then shuts off that sometimes i feel scared and just detach battery at I'm afraid it might gets ruined our something....... so what is the issue here and is there ap precaution that i need to be following?......i leave on the charging stand most time so please let me know so i can follow the right way as it's still brand new and i love it😍👍👌

edit: now i think it happens everytime🤔

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 April 2023, 09:46

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @ahmed_ali. Welcome!

I’ve never has this with my V15, but I’ve heard of it before. Someone else actually posted on here with the issue. Check it out - V15 detect running without trigger press | Dyson Community

It was identified as a fault with the trigger mechanism 🙄. At least Dyson will replace it under the 2-year warranty….

Userlevel 1

Hey @ahmed_ali. Welcome!

I’ve never has this with my V15, but I’ve heard of it before. Someone else actually posted on here with the issue. Check it out - V15 detect running without trigger press | Dyson Community

It was identified as a fault with the trigger mechanism 🙄. At least Dyson will replace it under the 2-year warranty….

nah i got ot now ….. its cuz the machine is so new that it’s getting smoother as there is a stick part that comes out from battery and when you push it it goes inside, that’s how the machine work you click on red button and it accordingly pushed this stich inside battery which turns machine on …… but i found out that it might be that machine is so new so it need some work ….. so i detached the battery, pushed this sticky part back inside few times to smooths it and attached battery again and now its working fine but i’m still testing overall👍👍

Userlevel 1

hey people i think issue happens alot so any fix for that🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @ahmed_ali 

Sorry to read the issue is ongoing.  

It’s possible it’s the result of a faulty trigger mechanism. However, our online diagnostics tool should identify the cause and suggest a fix. 

To get started, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, select the vacuum from the available options and navigate to the ‘Support’ section of the page. 

Let me know if you have any issues or need further support.

Stuart

Userlevel 1

Hey @ahmed_ali 

Sorry to read the issue is ongoing.  

It’s possible it’s the result of a faulty trigger mechanism. However, our online diagnostics tool should identify the cause and suggest a fix. 

To get started, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, select the vacuum from the available options and navigate to the ‘Support’ section of the page. 

Let me know if you have any issues or need further support.

Stuart

I'm starting to think it's because maybe unofficial charging stand that might cause the issue ..... i don't know it's just happns alot and sometimes no issue........ the thing is that i Live in Egypt so there's no dyson here so support might be and issue for me as i got it shipped from outside...... other than this frequent issue this vacuum is a masterpiece of vacuum👍👌

Userlevel 1

update : i’ve lift it from stand and put it besides me on desk to adjust any issues done from stand to bady/battery connected part, everytime here and then try it and all seems good so far so maybe stand is the issue here guys🤔

@ahmed_ali It’s possible it’s caused a hardware fault with the trigger.

Dyson cordless vacs only really have main three components. The handle, the charger or the battery. Maybe you can buy a new handle and see if that solves the issue:

Here is the part in the UK: https://www.dyson.co.uk/spare-parts/vacuum-cleaners/cordless/v15-detect

Kirby.

Userlevel 1

issue still remains guys…. i stopped putting my dyson on stand from day 1, any help here?

issue still remains guys…. i stopped putting my dyson on stand from day 1, any help here?

See my above reply. Replacing the part would be my next suggestion. If sourcing a part is tricky, you could try to repair it yourself. I’m sure there is a YouTube video out there that could help. 

Userlevel 1

See my above reply. Replacing the part would be my next suggestion. If sourcing a part is tricky, you could try to repair it yourself. I’m sure there is a YouTube video out there that could help. 

a very subtle hit in the bottom of the battery stops it, it’s just little annoying as i just got it shipped from abroad and it’s still brand new……. i searched online everywhere which is super weird cuz i couldn’t find any one complain about this issue thus no fix for it or any video mention for it🤔

Userlevel 1

any idea how to make trigger more responsive and snappy without warranty and support as i Live in Egypt and no dyson here😕

Userlevel 1

update: weirdly vacuum works fine now with snappy trigger 🤔