Cordless Vacuum - On/Off button not working | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless Vacuum - On/Off button not working

• 22 September 2023
  • 4 replies

The on off button is not working on my cordless vacuum.  Sometimes it will run for a minute but the it stops and won't start.  The unit is fully charged as per the display.

(Moderation Edit - Removed Sensitive Data)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 23 September 2023, 17:18

View original

4 replies

Hi there @frank_statti 

It sounds to me that your vacuum has developed a fault with the switch/power function - although uncommon, it can happen. 

As our Cordless vacuum comes with a 2-year warranty cover, you should be able to make a claim under the terms of this. If you’re outside of the cover period, a new part will need to be purchased. 

Please contact your local support for a part called “main body/cyclone” - they will need the serial number when you contact them to match you with the correct version of this part.

Get started by clicking on our Dyson Support link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a conversation’.  

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Thanks, 

@Adam.Steinberg 

Yes the problem is the plastic switch/trigger is broken.  I’m seeing many people complaining about the exact same problem over the last several years. 

Why hasn't Dyson issued a recall on this problem considering the scope & quantity of customers having the same problem?

My warranty expired 09/22/2021

I’m seeing many companies selling this and other parts on Amazon and i assume they are knock offs.  The shipping costs are more than the part itself.

I would like you to consider sending the part and i would also like you to bring my question about a recall back to you executive team.

Feel free to contact me directly (Moderation Edit - Email Removed)
Thank you,
Frank

Were you ever able to get a resolution?  I have a  V11 and similar timing as you, my warranty expired Dec 21.  I also believe it is the red plastic switch/trigger that is the issue and am frustrated we’d need to buy an entirely new body for this.  I am also frustrated to spend so much money for a great vacuum but only works for <3yrs.

wendir03

No one from Dyson responded to my post so their customer service is terrible.  If you do a Google search you will find many people complaining about the same problem so obviously its a design or manufacturing defect.

I ended up buying a replacement trigger from Amazon (under $10) and followed a YouTube video on how to replace the trigger.  It wasn’t that difficult (standard screw drivers) but you just need to have some patience.