Digital Motorbar Head (carpet head) Keeps Stopping? | Dyson Community
Solved

Digital Motorbar Head (carpet head) Keeps Stopping?

• 30 June 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a V15 Absolute and despite all efforts, on anything other than Eco mode, the digital motorbar head (carpet head) keeps tripping and stopping.

Dyson have replaced it and the new head lasts a bit longer before giving up, but I would expect the head to be keep running on any pile of carpet (have also tried changing between - 0 and +) which makes no difference.

Can anyone shed any light on what the issue may be? My experience of customer service wasn't the best, and I fear they'll just keep changing the head without getting to the bottom of the matter.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 June 2023, 09:17

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

I suspect it’s not suitable for the carpet type. Nothing to do with the cleaner or the head, other than it being overpowered. With it working in Eco, which is the lowest of the suction and power modes, it is running at reduced air watts. An increase to this by switching it to the higher modes, is forcing the cleaner head to sit lower of the carpet, reducing the airflow into the unit and stopping it. 

You could check with the carpet manufacture to see if cleaner heads with a spinning brush bar is recommended, 9/10 times carpets with a thick/long pile recommend against it. 

Customer services won’t of known this unless they came across it previously, I imagine dyson don’t train this out to them as a standard. They;d only replace the part if it sounds faulty. I only know of this as I had a similar issue with our new carpet. I made do with the eco setting and just vacuumed it twice.