Dyson Cordless - Changing Tools on the Main Body | Dyson Community

Dyson Cordless - Changing Tools on the Main Body

Dear All

I have a Dyson V8 Absolute.

As I’m an older person my hands and wrists aren’t as strong as they were.

I’m having difficulty removing a Tool from the Main Body so I can replace it with another Tool.

Has anyone any ideas on how I could make the fitting of Tools easier, please?

Could I use some kind of lubricant to ease the connection, perhaps?

I will appreciate any suggestions you are able to make.

Many thanks

Dusty873

Eagles 1 year ago

Alright Dusty!

Unless you use a lubricant that’s friendly with electronics, I wouldn’t advise it. Two connector pins sit beneath the tool connection port.

Now there are lubricants used in electronics. More research would be warranted on which is best to use in this case. I’d suggest starting with this Choosing an electrical connector grease - A product selection guide (newgatesimms.com). This could open the option of remove the tool button, coating the spring and allowing to dry and before reconnecting.  

Dyson do say the tools should loosen with more use, although I’ve not noticed a difference yet. You might consider using an aftermarket adapter like this: FIND A SPARE Quick Release Adaptor Tool To Fit Dyson V6 V7 V8 V10 Cordless Hand Held Vacuum Hoover Cleaner Equivalent to 968235-01 : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen.

Eagles.

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Alright Dusty!

Unless you use a lubricant that’s friendly with electronics, I wouldn’t advise it. Two connector pins sit beneath the tool connection port.

Now there are lubricants used in electronics. More research would be warranted on which is best to use in this case. I’d suggest starting with this Choosing an electrical connector grease - A product selection guide (newgatesimms.com). This could open the option of remove the tool button, coating the spring and allowing to dry and before reconnecting.  

Dyson do say the tools should loosen with more use, although I’ve not noticed a difference yet. You might consider using an aftermarket adapter like this: FIND A SPARE Quick Release Adaptor Tool To Fit Dyson V6 V7 V8 V10 Cordless Hand Held Vacuum Hoover Cleaner Equivalent to 968235-01 : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen.

Eagles.

Hi Eagles

Thanks so much for your reply, I’ll follow up your suggestions.

Dusty873

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi Dusty.

Happy to help.

Do let me know what you decide to do and how it works out. 

Eagles.