Dyson Cordless vacuums: Getting started | Dyson Community
Sticky CORDLESS VACUUM

Dyson Cordless vacuums: Getting started

• 19 April 2023
  • 6 replies
Dyson Cordless vacuums: Getting started
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If you’ve ever wondered exactly how to set up your cordless vacuum cleaner, here’s your chance!

In this article we take a look at just how to get started with the latest Cord-free vacuums, including the Gen5, V15, V12, V11, V10 and V8 models. We’ve collated a ‘Getting Started’ video for each of these models. Each video is designed to help you become familiar with your machine whilst covering the unboxing, assembly, operation, power functions, and the process of emptying the clear plastic bin.

To get started, simply click on the video for your particular model.

Dyson V15s Detect Submarine™ cordless vacuum - Big bin

Dyson V15s Detect Submarine™ cordless vacuum - Small bin

Dyson V15 Detect™ cordless vacuum

Dyson Gen5detect™ Outsize cordless vacuum

Dyson Gen5detect™ cordless vacuum

Dyson V12s Detect Slim Submarine™ cordless vacuum

Dyson V12 Detect Slim™ cordless vacuum

Dyson V11™ cordless vacuum

Dyson V10™ cordless vacuum

Dyson V8™ cordless vacuum

The colourway of your particular model may vary from the one shown in the video, but the process for using it will be the same. Some models may also include additional accessories not shown in the video - these will attach to your machine or wand in the same way as the standard Cleaner head and Crevice tool. 

To familiarise yourself with the accessories and which one is best for certain cleaning task, visit our Dyson Cordless vacuums: Understanding the tools and accessories article. 

Please note: Some video may only be visible in the markets where the machine is sold. 

If you wanted to ask a specific question or need help with setting up your machine, why not post a questions to our community of owners. The best place to do this is in our Ask the Community forum.

For a closer look at how these vacuums operate, include videos on using the dock, vacuum maintenance and cleaning advice, visit the Dyson YouTube channel.

6 replies

Love this Stuart!! I adore the button switch on the V12! It would save my fingers no end of cramping 😅!I wish they did this on all the newer models 😄! x

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Stuart. Thank you for sharing. My sister has brought the V8, I’ve sent her the link to the video.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey everyone,

I’ve added the ‘Getting started’ films for the Dyson Gen5detect™ cordless vacuum. These cover:

Please note: Some video may only be visible in the markets where the machine is sold. 

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi everyone, 

The YouTube ‘Getting Started’ films for the Dyson Gen5detect and Gen5outsize vacuum cleaners have just been added. 

If you’d like to see ‘Getting Started’ films for the Cordless category prior to the V8, please let me know.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi everyone, 

I’ve just added the ‘How to set up and use your Dyson V12s Detect Slim Submarine™ cordless vacuum’ video to the above listing. 

You can also check this film out below: 

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi everyone, 

I’ve just added the ‘How to set up and use your big bin Dyson V15s Detect Submarine™ cordless vacuum’ & ‘How to set up and use your small bin Dyson V15s Detect Submarine™ cordless vacuum’ videos to the above listing. 

You can also check these films out below:

Thanks, 

Stuart