Dyson V11 (SV16 Outsize) Vacuum Cleaner Main Body & Cyclone replacement | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V11 (SV16 Outsize) Vacuum Cleaner Main Body & Cyclone replacement

• 8 August 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

I’m trying to buy a replacement  Dyson V11 (SV16 Outsize) Vacuum Cleaner Main Body & Cyclone after dropping our original one.

I’ve checked on all the UK sites (I think I have) who supply Dyson spare parts and everyone is showing “out of stock”.

Does anyone have any advice please - broken hoover with 2 kids and a dog is never good!

J

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 10 August 2023, 13:29

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hey J.

here’s a list of their recommended retailers. Taken from their How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community post.

If in doubt, head to google and search for stock. You might find some on Amazon. 

Userlevel 5

I can’t even see it advertised on their website. Dyson Outsize™ vacuum parts | Dyson

Their offline and online stock are allocated differently, might be worth reaching out to them over WhatsApp. Link here: Support | Customer Service | Contact Us | Dyson.

Good luck! 

Hello @Shark007 

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community. Sorry about your experience.

If you are finding difficulty locating the main body and cyclone on the website or finding stock it might be that there is no stock available at the warehouse.

Also, you can contact the authorized parts retailers as @Charliebrown posted.

I would encourage you to reach out to Dyson Customer Support and get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation. 

If you still need any further help regarding this, don't hesitate to respond over here. 

Regards,

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for your replies and advice. I’ve checked all the suppliers and have spoken to Dyson Customer Support who have advised there is no stock of the replacement part and they don't know when they will get stock in which is really frustrating. I either have to wait for the part to come back into stock (who knows when that will be noting all the 3rd party suppliers also don’t have stock) or spend another £599 on a new Dyson hoover.

Thank you again but very frustrated with Dyson - they have offered no help at all either on the phone, via their WhatsApp service (don't use that BTW - it takes days for a reply) and their online Twitter. I’m surprise Dyson don't have stock parts for a £599 hoover.

J

Userlevel 5

They should really be offering you an exchange or a replacement machine for the trouble! Their service has gone downhill since they moved their support centres - Be persistent. Demand a replacement part. @Musfeekah As a moderator that support us, what can you do? 

Userlevel 1

@Bob - the experience has been shocking to date and really frustrating. If @Musfeekah can add any further advice I would be grateful.

J

Hi @Shark007 

Thank you for raising this with us.

If you still need help or feel you’d benefit from another set of eyes on this, feel free to drop me a DM with your name, address and mobile number. 
I will make sure to check all the relevant details and get back to you.

Regards,

Userlevel 1

Hi All,

Apologies but back on this platform. Dyson confirmed (via Twitter) that a representative would call me within 24-48 hours to make a formal complaint. That timeline has now been and gone and still nothing.

Does anyone know how to make a formal complaint to Dyson?

J

Hi All,

Apologies but back on this platform. Dyson confirmed (via Twitter) that a representative would call me within 24-48 hours to make a formal complaint. That timeline has now been and gone and still nothing.

Does anyone know how to make a formal complaint to Dyson?

J

You could email askdyson@dyson.com/.co.uk. It might not be an immediate reply, but it will be logged. 

Userlevel 1

@CurlyJane - many thanks - have done so.