Has anyone else ever ordered a main body and cyclone for a V10 (part 969596-06)? | Dyson Community
Solved

Has anyone else ever ordered a main body and cyclone for a V10 (part 969596-06)?

• 2 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I just rang Dyson customer support and asked about buying a spare part replacement main body and cylone for £60. You can see them online at https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/spare-details.969596-06.226364-01

It shows purple tubes, cost is £60 and delivery is free on orders over £35. Warranty for 1 year.

When i rang them they said they had one but it was grey tubes would cost £75 as the purple ones were out of stock. I said I only wanted to pay a max’ of £60. I said I would wait and he said OK but then, said I could maybe find one from a 3rd party!

Call centre numpty or just over helpful?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 5 June 2023, 08:54

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@PhilipCSwift 

First and foremost, what’s the reason that you were advised to purchase the main body? Here at my region, the main body assembly is only replaced after a technician diagnoses the unit, typically not over the phone. 

Also, regarding a 3rd party website, I do not recommend them as Dyson would not guarantee the quality, and genuineness of the parts. It may effect other unchanged parts of your unit as well. I’m really not sure why the agent referred to them, but it seems that speaking to another representative would be a better option.

In addition, if your unit is within the warranty period, I highly suggest you to have it shipped to their workshop. There is a high chance that you would have faulty parts replaced at no cost if it’s a natural defect.

Hope you get this resolved very soon.

Hi @PhilipCSwift,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

We can confirm that the color you of the main body you require is out of stock. As such, our customer service team will provide you with an alternative option. In this case, it would be the Ir/Snk shown Dyson UK | Part Purchase. If you do not want this option, our team would advise on waiting until the preferred one is available or refer you to an authorized 3rd party as the list below. Our team would always want to provide you with the best option, even if this is referring you to one of the retailers below. 

You may be able to purchase replacement parts with one of our authorised parts retailers below: Refer to this article for further help - How to: Order spare parts and accessories

·       eSpares 

·       PartMaster 

·       Buyspares 

·       Spares2Go – genuine parts from Spares2Go are only available on Amazon 

·       4Your Home 

·      PartCentre 

·       Appliance Spares Warehouse 

You can find a full playlist of support videos for your V10 on our YouTube channel.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

@PhilipCSwift

First and foremost, what’s the reason that you were advised to purchase the main body? Here at my region, the main body assembly is only replaced after a technician diagnoses the unit, typically not over the phone. 

Also, regarding a 3rd party website, I do not recommend them as Dyson would not guarantee the quality, and genuineness of the parts. It may effect other unchanged parts of your unit as well. I’m really not sure why the agent referred to them, but it seems that speaking to another representative would be a better option.

In addition, if your unit is within the warranty period, I highly suggest you to have it shipped to their workshop. There is a high chance that you would have faulty parts replaced at no cost if it’s a natural defect.

Hope you get this resolved very soon.

I was not advised. I decided I wanted to buy a main body. No one has to go via a ‘technician’.

There are approved 3rd party websites as per Jodeys’ information. Who are you to recommend or not recommend them? Of course it’s not within warranty, why would I wish to buy a main body if it was?

Hi @PhilipCSwift,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

We can confirm that the color you of the main body you require is out of stock. As such, our customer service team will provide you with an alternative option. In this case, it would be the Ir/Snk shown Dyson UK | Part Purchase. If you do not want this option, our team would advise on waiting until the preferred one is available or refer you to an authorized 3rd party as the list below. Our team would always want to provide you with the best option, even if this is referring you to one of the retailers below. 

You may be able to purchase replacement parts with one of our authorised parts retailers below: Refer to this article for further help - How to: Order spare parts and accessories

·       eSpares 

·       PartMaster 

·       Buyspares 

·       Spares2Go – genuine parts from Spares2Go are only available on Amazon 

·       4Your Home 

·      PartCentre 

·       Appliance Spares Warehouse 

You can find a full playlist of support videos for your V10 on our YouTube channel.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Thank you Jodey. Still not sure why one costs more than the other though. Is it not just the colour that’s different?

Hi @PhilipCSwift , 

I'd like to cast my eyes on this in a little more detail. Could you please drop me a DM with your name, address and contact details.

I’ll review your account, the part in question and see if there’s any additional update I can provide. Looking to contact you directly with an outcome. 

Thanks,  

Jodey