V8 cordless pulsing after complete cleanout and no attachments - What can I do next? | Dyson Community
Solved

V8 cordless pulsing after complete cleanout and no attachments - What can I do next?

• 26 March 2023
  • 5 replies

I have followed all the instructions for cleaning the filters and also cleaned the bin.There is no obstruction found anywhere in the base unit and I have no attachments, yet it is continuing to pulse. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 March 2023, 10:51

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Have you checked that the debris door isn’t jammed closed? It’s the little door that closes when you have the stick vac pointed down. It’s just inside the nose opening. You might need to take the bin off to see it properly. 

Badly referenced location on an online image - hopefully this helps you locate it. 

Kirby.

Thanks! I removed the bin and didn’t see anything blocking the airflow bit I’ll look again! 

Thanks! I removed the bin and didn’t see anything blocking the airflow bit I’ll look again! 

I’m not sure if you’ve seen their YouTube video yet?

Might show you something that could have been missed. 

Pulsing usually means a blockage. If could also be an issue with the filter. If the video doesn’t help fix it, maybe this post will - My cordless vacuum cleaner is making a pulsing noise, what does this mean?

Jay.

Thank you! I had already completed those step. I was actually able to get the pulsing to stop after removing both of the filters, so now I’m thinking maybe they were still wet? Or I may need to replace the top filter. I’ve rewashed and am letting them dry for several days and will try again once I place them back in the machine.