Dyson V12 Airway Blockage | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Dyson V12 Airway Blockage

• 19 August 2024
  • 0 replies

I have been using the V12 for about a year, maybe once a week and it has been great for the most part, but a few months ago it kept repeating that the air filters needed cleaning after 5 minutes of use. I clean the filters thoroughly as per the instructions and leave plenty of time for it to dry but it still doesn’t last long before needing cleaning again.

I have been putting up with this problem, but recently it has detected that the airways are blocked, so I detached the accessories, removed all the dust and even cleaning the filter, but none of this works. Now whenever I turn the vacuum on it immediately comes up with the ‘airways blocked’ message and turns off. I have thoroughly checked all accessible parts and there is no blockage. I can only conclude that there is a problem with the filter or the motor that means it is operating sub-optimally and I have no idea what to do because there’s no way to take the vacuum apart.

Please help me fix this! I’m moving house this week and need the hoover to clean the carpets!