Dyson Wash G1 Jammed Roller Drive | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

We bought a Dyson Wash G1 in June this year. Although it works quite well when it is working, it has not been a good experience. Now the machine reports that the rollers are jammed. In fact the problem is that one of the plastic gears driving the rollers is jammed - it happens even when there are no rollers in the machine and one gear, unlike the other, cannot be moved by hand. I’m looking for advice as to how to fix the problem. If you go to the Dyson support page this is not a listed device so there isn’t a way to report the problem there. The nearest Dyson repair centre is an impractical 1.5 hours away, so I don’t know where to turn to for advice. At this point the main option seems to be to disassemble the the head myself and try to fix the problem, and if that doesn’t work to throw it away.

We also have the problem with the debris tray falling loose - it’s a bad design and will always be prone to coming away because there is not enough support in the catch to retain it properly.

All in all it has been a bad experience, unlike the other Dyson products that we have had over the years.

I notice that there isn’t a product category to list this problem on the topic page so I guess I’ll have to throw it into a general one. This is my second try at posting the topic to this site (the other just vanished), so let’s hope that someone out there will have an idea of how to deal with the problem and get the machine working again.

Hi @Rex Schmidt,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

If you’re based in the US, you can find online support for the Dyson WashG1™️ wet cleaner here. You’ve raised your question in the right section of the Dyson Community.

Both of the issues you’ve mentioned, with the roller and the debris tray, are something we should be able to resolve for you under the terms of your free 2-year Dyson warranty. We’d advise against dismantling your machine any further than is shown in the User guide, as this can void your warranty - meaning any future repairs or replacement parts could become chargeable.

If you’d like support from Dyson in resolving this under your Dyson warranty, please visit Dyson.com and click Support to get in touch with the right Dyson Customer Care team for your region.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Thank you. I’m based in Australia. I’ve been in touch with the support people here and made arrangements for the machine to be returned to them for examination and repair. I’m hopeful that the problems will be resolved this way.

For those who may need, it the serial number for the machine may be found by removing the battery and checking the label on the machine in the battery compartment. It isn’t visible otherwise.