Wash G1 pressing mode button but nothing happening? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Wash G1 pressing mode button but nothing happening?

• 16 August 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I just received my Wash G1 today and the mode button is not bringing up the menu.

It displays "Self Clean" but will not move to a different menu option.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

It is on the base unit, fully charged, plugged in and turned on.

I have tried pressing and holding the mode button for multiple lenghts of time.

The machine is working, it will run the self clean mode, and runs to clean the floor.

Thanks.

A good resolution but ‘sigh’ how heartbreaking it is to be excited to receive a fancy new machine, and it arrives not working. :(
Oh well, hopefully next week the new one will arrive.

From Dyson Support - “Thank you for waiting. I've checked this for you and there is a problem on the machine since it was stuck on the self-clean display only. We can give you 2 options.

First, We can do a machine exchange for your machine since that is a brand-new machine. Second, we can process a return/refund for your machine.”

Hi @Tmg,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

We’re sorry to hear about this - definitely not the initial experience we’d want you to have. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused here.

I’m glad you’ve been able to speak with your regional Customer Care team to arrange a replacement. This is the course of action we would have recommended in this instance.

We wouldn’t anticipate you having any further issues, but you’re welcome to come back to us at the Dyson Community if you need further advice or support at any point.

Hi Jack

Thanks for you response. I’ve been trying to get back in touch with customer service tonight, but they have closed.

I was meant to receive a shipping label via email so I could send my machine back but it never arrived.

I’d really like to get it to the post office tomorrow so it’s on the way before Monday. Is there anyone that can help me tomorrow?

I have a transcript of my chat session with customer support if that helps.

Thanks