Cordless V11 - Clear bin ejector sticking or broken - Help! | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V11 - Clear bin ejector sticking or broken - Help!

• 26 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a V11 cordless vacuum and all of a sudden, the ejection mechanism (red lever and internal stick that pushes lid) is sticking and not opening the bin.  I now have to pry the lid open.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Nothing looks cracked or broken and it closes fine. 

Would rather try to fix than buy a new bin (plus they’re out of stock)

(Edited by moderator – Tags added & Title amended) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 27 October 2022, 16:25

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @elle,

It sounds like the bin release may just be stuck. First, make sure that the release button isn't obstructed in any way. If something is blocking that bin release, you should be able to remove it. If the release is still stuck, try pressing and holding that release for a few seconds. Sometimes the release just needs a little help or a bit more force to get started. Another tip to try; gently press and release the bin release a few times. Again, sometimes that mechanism just needs a little help. 

If neither of those solutions work, there could be something wrong with the release mechanism itself. In that instance, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,

Userlevel 1

My canister slides all the way off when I use the red slide thing to eject hair. Nothing looks to be broken. It was working fine then suddenly started sliding all the way off.

My canister slides all the way off when I use the red slide thing to eject hair. Nothing looks to be broken. It was working fine then suddenly started sliding all the way off.

@vlollis Ours has a red small plastic leaver which stops the cannister from sliding off. It’s so tiny I imagine it isn’t always clear if this is broken. You’d need a new cannister/bin to fix it. Dyson should give you a new one as part of the warranty.