Cordless V11 Vacuum Filter Advice | Dyson Community

Cordless V11 Vacuum Filter Advice

• 15 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have had a V11 Absolute for just over 2 years. Almost every time I use it, I get a message saying that the filter needs cleaning but when I look at it it can be as clean as a whistle.

I have tried cleaning everything I can think of and got a replacement filter, but still the same thing happens.

Is there anything else I can try?

(Moderation edit - Tags Added)

DavidTaylor 1 year ago

If this had happened from the very first filter wash, there could be a few possibilities.

The first is that the filter was defective and the slightest variation in dirt or moisture changed its composition. 

The second, which may not be as obvious is dependent on use and what is passing through the filter when vacuuming. Where in the example ultra fine dust, building material, saw dust and the sorts are vacuumed, some of this can be deposited inside the filter. Requiring you to do a thorough wash. 

May I suggest the next time you wash the filter, you dry it fully and then repeat the process. If this doesn’t resolve it in the long term, a replacement should rectify the issue. 

David. 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

If this had happened from the very first filter wash, there could be a few possibilities.

The first is that the filter was defective and the slightest variation in dirt or moisture changed its composition. 

The second, which may not be as obvious is dependent on use and what is passing through the filter when vacuuming. Where in the example ultra fine dust, building material, saw dust and the sorts are vacuumed, some of this can be deposited inside the filter. Requiring you to do a thorough wash. 

May I suggest the next time you wash the filter, you dry it fully and then repeat the process. If this doesn’t resolve it in the long term, a replacement should rectify the issue. 

David. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

David,

Thank you for taking the trouble to respond.

However, the issue has only started after I had the machine for a couple of years and getting a new filter made no difference. In a sense it is a problem I can live with, but I would have liked to correct it if possible.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Is it a genuine filter? Some of the replicas are iffy. I’ve tried three cheaper knock offs, none of them worked with my v10. It just pulsed.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sam wise,

That is a fair point. The replacement filter that I got was a third party one as original ones were out of stock everywhere at the time. I will try an original one and see if that makes any difference.