Does your V15 bin detach when emptying the bin? | Dyson Community
Solved

Does your V15 bin detach when emptying the bin?

• 22 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Dyson v15 intermittently when emptying the bin, the bin detached from the hoover. When it does detach the dust goes up in the air. Dyson said it’s meant to do that, but my previous V11 never did that in 4 years and videos on YouTube show that the little red button needs to be pressed to release and detach the bin for cleaning, which button I do not touch, yet the whole bin releases. 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 23 January 2023, 12:07

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Angelee

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community. 

Usually we’d allow some time to pass before responding ourselves. We sometimes find others with similar experience will share their paths to resolution, but in this case, I have the answer for you.

There are two potential reasons why this has happened:

1. At the far end of the machine, where the rail is located, which allows the clear bin slides on and off the machine, is a moulded hinge. This hinge is meant to stop the bin from slide straight off.
  2. On the clear bin, there is a red leaver, that when depressed, allows the bin to slide past the hinge and off of the machine. If this is broken, then it will slide past the hinge and off of the machine. 

In either case, if either of these part has broken, a replacement will need to be obtained. Happily Dyson supply their new machines with a 2-year guarantee, which should see this part replaced free of charge. 

To make sure the correct part is ordered, I’d encourage you to contact our helpline and speak to one of our experts. They can then discuss this further and arrange a replacement.

To contact our team, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Thanks, 

Stuart