Help. My Cordless vacuum isn't charging | Dyson Community
Solved

Help. My Cordless vacuum isn't charging

• 10 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I have had my DC59 for many years now. Recently it only works for a few mins. if that.  The blue light flashes, like it did yesterday, and I charged it overnight. I pulled the trigger this morning and an orange light came on and went off immediately followed by the blue flashing light.

I’m not sure whether I need to purchase another battery or if there is something else wrong with the product. Also the MAX button used to show a blue light when depressed, now it doesn’t show a light at all.

I’m hoping you can help.

SusieQ

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 10 October 2022, 23:55

View original

3 replies

Hello @SusieQ

I had a somewhat similar issue last week. In my case the lights were flashing blue on the trigger pull. Unknown to me, this was caused by the charger being inserted incorrectly. 

Coincidentally I was browsing some similar posts in the knowledge base and came cross the ‘Online Support’ link. This led me down a rabbit hole of questions on ‘lights’. Maybe this could help you identify the cause and suggest a fix?

<Link below>

Kirby.

Online Support

Dyson’s online support enables users to not only troubleshooting potential issues with their machine(s), but offers a host of useful content, such as the steps to follow should there be an issue with the power. 

Using the Guides and manuals link, select your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. Here you will find a host of selectable options designed to support you and your machine. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there @SusieQ,

The recommended steps provided for resetting the DC59 unit are what we would suggest you try.  If after trying the reset and fully charging the unit, you still experience the same results, it would be necessary to replace the battery pack.  

To discuss this further, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

We truly appreciate your support of Dyson and thank you for your time!