Upright Vacuum Cleaner and Cordless V10 Adapter NEEDED! | Dyson Community
Solved

Upright Vacuum Cleaner and Cordless V10 Adapter NEEDED!

• 28 December 2022
  • 2 replies

My wife recently purchased several tools, which she thought would work with our V10 cordless but apparently they don’t. We also have a Ball Total Clean and if I pull the hose out, the tools will fit on it. We would rather use the tools on the V10 cordless and wanting to find the right adapter. I’ve seen several different adapters on Amazon and other sites but they don’t seem to have names for each of the type of connectors so I am not certain what will actually work to allow me to use tools that work with the Ball Total Clean on my V10 cordless.

(Edited by Moderator - Tags added/Moved category)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 29 December 2022, 01:24

View original

2 replies

Hey @bigRoN18 

Mmm, I’m not sure if theres an after market attachments, but I know their Quick release adapter lets us use tools from our older upright on our V10. 

It connects to our V10 and let’s us connect any upright tools with the grey button. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Fishtown57 

Thank you for sharing that link.  @bigRoN18, this is exactly what you would need. It sounds like the tools purchased have the older gray connection tab. The only exception with the use of this adaptor - anything motorized wouldn’t transfer over. So if you had a tangle-free turbine tool, for example, and wanted to connect that to the cord-free, you would not be able to do so. The adaptor will fit between any non-motirized tool and the cord-free bin or wand.