V6 - Can I use it without the filter? | Dyson Community
Solved

V6 - Can I use it without the filter?

• 30 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi. My mother brought a V6 from the local Carboot. I’ve had to buy a new filter, as it didn’t come with one. I wanted to know if we could use it without the filter?

I’ve told my mother that she shouldn’t. Knowing her she will be cleaning out the Caravan with it tonight.

icon

Best answer by GraceWood 1 August 2022, 14:34

View original

5 replies

Hiya. I am unsure if using with filter not in would be safe. My V12 does not go with filter off. Think this is function of Dyson.

I would not use with filter off. 

@GraceWood I wouldn’t personally use it without a filter present. I’d imagine all the air that’s meant to be captured by the filter would instead spill out into the room, covering everything in dust.. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hiya. I am unsure if using with filter not in would be safe. My V12 does not go with filter off. Think this is function of Dyson.

I would not use with filter off. 

This must be a feature of the newer models. This one blows air even with the filter removed. The suction is reduced by a considerable amount. 

I’ve convinced my mother not to use it until the filter arrives. 

Thank you for the help 😊

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@GraceWood I wouldn’t personally use it without a filter present. I’d imagine all the air that’s meant to be captured by the filter would instead spill out into the room, covering everything in dust.. 

Thanks Kirby. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @GraceWood,

We would not suggest or recommend using the Dyson without the filter in place. That will ensure that the unit is performing as intended, and filtering out dirt, dust and other particles. 

Best wishes,