Dyson Ball | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Ball

• 27 February 2023
  • 1 reply

I have had enough problems with this Dyson Ball… 1st you CANNOT vacuum any carpets with it, 2nd now the brush will not work… I am very disappointed with this vacuum… Was told there is nothing better than a Dyson… I’m sorry i paid over $300 for this pile… Won’t buy another...

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 28 February 2023, 21:33

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Ringyou9 

I’m sorry to see here that you’re having such a disappointing experience with your Dyson Ball. Based on what you’re describing here - with the machine not vacuuming your carpets and the brush bar no longer working, it sounds like there may be a compatibility issue with your carpeting. The cleaner head on your vacuum is self adjusting, so it will automatically raise and lower to seal in suction across all floors. Sometimes issues can arise, where the brush bar will stop spinning, if the brush bar senses your carpeting fibers as an obstruction. This shuts off the brush bar motor, to prevent the motor from overheating. Another issue that can arise, is that the machine will feel hard to push. Thus is due to the machine's suction forming an air tight seal between the cleaner head and the floor. It's usually more common on thicker, more plush carpeting, carpets with thicker padding underneath or even area rugs.

The first suggestion I do always recommend is to check with your flooring manufacturer. They may advise against using a high-powered machine such as a Dyson, or even advise against the use of a brush bar. As always, we are more than happy to help troubleshoot to see if the issue posed above actually is the issue you’re having, or if something else may be going on with your machine. Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Best wishes,