Airwrap - Fault indicator when using in high power mode. | Dyson Community
Solved

Airwrap - Fault indicator when using in high power mode.

• 15 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Good afternoon! I have a problem in using a hair styler. When I turn on the most powerful mode, my device turns off and the fault indicator lights up. Unfortunately, I am far away and cannot take the device to a service center. I cleaned the filter according to the instructions. These actions did not help fix my problem. Please help me solve the malfunction by myself.

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added, Title Amended)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 16 January 2023, 11:38

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Niko.f

Thanks for posting a questions. 

It doesn’t look like our other members has experience with this issue. It may be something I can help with however. 

As you’ve highlighted this fault light only appears when you’re using the highest settings, this could either be an indication to an issue with the local electrics or the filter. In either case, I'd like to suggest the following:

1. Reviewing the charging source and ensure that there isn’t a fault residing with the household electrics or power socket in use. Trying another socket in the home.
  2. Checking the plug is suitable for use in your markets. This is where a machine has been purchased in one country and taken overseas, to a country with a different voltage or electrical plug.
  3. In instances where an extension lead or adapter is in use, plugging the charger directly into the main power. 
  4. Check the attachment and filter housing hasn’t got a blockage or obstruction. This could result in inadequate airflow at high speeds. The following videos highlight the ideal cleaning methods. 
    1.  How to clean your Dyson Airwrap™ styler's filter
    2. How to clean your Dyson Airwrap™ styler's attachments

If the above doesn’t resolve the light, the next course of action would be to visit our online support. This online support will guide you through a serial of diagnostic questions, designed to identify any issue and suggest a remedy. To do this, simply visit our Guides and manual link, navigate to your machine and select the ‘Troubleshooting’ option. Once here, follow the on-screen instructions. 

I hope this helps. 

Stuart