How to prevent/clean vivid color off my Dyson Airwrap? | Dyson Community
Question

How to prevent/clean vivid color off my Dyson Airwrap?

• 18 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi! I am having an issue with my bright pink/deep magenta hair color transferring to my light Blue/light pink Dyson Airwrap. Does anyone have any Advice on how to prevent this or even how to clean it off? I have tried getting it off with just water, and also using my Precleanse by Dermalogcia but nothing has worked (yes I know Precleanse is a skin cleanser but us Estheticians know it can be used to take off SO much more than just makeup). 

It could be the type of hair color too, because it’s actually a “permanent vivid color”. It’s Pravana Everlasting Poison Berry. It doesn’t transfer on anything unless it’s wet or heated. 

I just got a light pink Dyson straightener as well without thinking about this problem before purchasing, and I’m nervous that my color is going to ruin it. 

if anyone has any suggestions or tips please let me know!!! 

thank you! 

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Bpretty01,

Welcome to the Dyson Community! 

In terms of cleaning your Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler, we can only really recommend carefully wiping the main body and accessories with a lightly damp microfibre cloth - ensuring all parts are fully dry before use:

I’m sorry if you haven’t had any luck in removing the colour transfer using this method so far. Please avoid using alcohol wipes, or any other similar or harsh cleaning agents, as these can cause permanent damage to the paint finish.

I’m sorry we’re not able to offer a more definitive answer on this one - but we’ll let our other Community members share their tips!

You’re also welcome to contact our Customer Care team directly - please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.