My airwrap keeps cutting out and flasshing red | Dyson Community
Solved

My airwrap keeps cutting out and flasshing red

• 8 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I have had my air wrap for about 3 year and I have been maintaining it by cleaning the filter with the brush provided and cleaning any hair/debris from the attachments as described online. 

Despite this my airwrap is now continually cutting out when I use it and flashing red. Any help? Does anyone know of anywhere I can have it serviced or something along those lines? 

icon

Best answer by Jack 10 April 2024, 13:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

From my experience, sometimes fine hair might get trapped in the motor causing this. Where do you reside?

Glasgow

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Emmajaneferns,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this - this usually means your Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler is shutting down for protection when overheating due to the filter needing a clean. Appreciate you’ve been cleaning the filter regularly anyway, but sometimes it does need a more thorough clean to remove any accumulated traces of airborne hairspray or other styling products or particulates.

Please follow the steps shown in our video guide to clean both the inner and outer filter sections. You should be able to see daylight clearly through both the inner and outer filter sections when held up to the light:

If you’re seeing the same red indicator light after following all of the steps shown, please visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team. They’ll be able to walk you through some further troubleshooting. If a replacement part or a repair is needed, they’ll be able to discuss your options with you.

If you’d prefer, you can call our UK Helpline on 0800 298 0298 (available from 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, and 8am-6pm on weekends).

Hope this helps!

Hello Jack, 

Thanks for your reply. I have tried all of the steps above and I’m still getting the red light after about 10/15 seconds of switching on the airwrap. I think I’ll need to contact the care team but thank you all the same.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Emmajaneferns,

No problem at all! Thanks for the update - I’m sorry the initial troubleshooting steps haven’t resolved things in this instance, but our Customer Care team will be able to look into what further options are available here.