my cordless straightener dies in 20 seconds?? | Dyson Community
Question

my cordless straightener dies in 20 seconds??

• 6 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I'm fully charging my straighteners and then they die after 20/30 seconds. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

@Gemmakpenny Thanks for your post - it sounds like your machine may need service. For reference, here’s how your Corrale should function- if you’re getting much different results, contact your local support.

Your Dyson Corrale™ straightener should provide up to 30 minutes of cord-free styling. However this will vary depending on heat setting and how the product is used.

Your Dyson Corrale fast charges during the first 40 minutes of being plugged in (up to ~95% of battery charge). For the remainder of the 30 minutes of charging the process slows to protect the battery from being over charged.

The greatest draw on the charge of the battery is during the heating up period; taking the heater plates from ambient/room temperature up to 210°C/410°F. Therefore, the largest drop in battery charge would be expected in the first few minutes of each use. After this, the drop in charge on the OLED will slow down as the battery only has to maintain the temperature of the plates.

If the product is fully charged for 70 minutes we would expect a 15-20% drop in charge around 5 minutes of use if the user is using the product at 210°C/410°F. However, if the product is only charged for 40 minutes we would expect there to be a 25-30% drop in charge around the 5 minutes mark for a product at 210°C/410°F. If the ambient temperature is below 20°C, this will put further pressure on the battery and the drop in charge may be greater.

If the temperature of the product is set to a lower heat setting, the drop in the battery charge on the OLED screen will be slower.

Connect to the Magnetic 360° charging cable to extend your run time.

The battery will continue to discharge when in Hybrid mode, but at a slower rate.

Store your Dyson Corrale™ straightener on the charging dock when not in use to maximise run time.

Go to www.dyson.com/mycorrale for styling tips and guides.