Relocating countries but Airwrap won't work and Customer Service won't help | Dyson Community
Solved

Relocating countries but Airwrap won't work and Customer Service won't help

• 11 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am moving from the US to India permanently. I was told before I bought the Airwrap that I would be able to exchange it with an Indian device when I moved to India. However, I spoke to US customer service today and they said that I have to take my device to India, and then see if the Indian customer service can help me, but the US team cannot. I’m now stuck with an extremely expensive device that I didn’t know would not work abroad, or cannot be swapped in the case of a permanent relocation. Selling it in the US means selling at a big discount, and re-buying in India, which is ridiculous. Is there any other solution to this problem?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 12 July 2023, 14:55

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hi there @chk1516 The Airwrap is not made for international use and an exchange to a different country is not an option. This is not a defect of the machine and therefore not covered by warranty. You would need a new machine  from the country you plan to live in. 

What Teanna said stands true. Dyson can’t replace it in market with another markets product. Dyson in India might, but that’s a conversation you’d have to have with them. If you’ve not already, given your questions I’d read this article. 

Yeah! You’re better off selling it second-hand! Using the money to get another one. Do they have any sells pages in India you’re part of? Maybe someone locally would swap it?