Supersonic hair dryer - Repair help | Dyson Community

Supersonic hair dryer - Repair help

• 1 March 2023
  • 8 replies

So you make a large investment a premium product  only to find out that when your hair dryer quits heating you can’t find a proper repair shop to fix your issue. The repair shop in Las Vegas told me over the phone they don’t repair hair dryers. What’s a customer yo do? Pony up another $500 for a new hair dryer. Send to be an unreasonable solution. 

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hello @Skyjetter 

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble with your Supersonic, and that our Dyson Service Center in Las Vegas didn’t provide the expected level of support. Generally, anytime there is any issue with the dryer, my first recommendation is to clean the filter, which you have probably already done. I can’t tell from your post here if you may be in or out of warranty, but either way, our customer care team would be happy to provide you with further support. 

Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Skyjetter 

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble with your Supersonic, and that our Dyson Service Center in Las Vegas didn’t provide the expected level of support. Generally, anytime there is any issue with the dryer, my first recommendation is to clean the filter, which you have probably already done. I can’t tell from your post here if you may be in or out of warranty, but either way, our customer care team would be happy to provide you with further support. 

Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Sorry I should have mentioned that we watched all the videos your support team directed us to and spent a half hour with the support team on the phone. All of which amounted to: we are no better off than before. And yes our warranty expired in November of 2022. This our second Supersonic to fail so quite a large investment over a four year period.

I sent a Dyson Supersonic hair dryer into the service department paid over $450.00 for it. One day it worked and the next day it did not. I figured even though it was out of warranty it could be fixed for a low price since it cost so much to begin with. They said the cord was not working but they didn't have one and if they got it in it would be $250.00 to fix it, but I could get a refurbished one for $150.00. I was told to call the place that sent me the shipping label to see if they could combine the fee for checking it out with the price of the refurbished one. There I was told they could not combine the $54.00 dollar fee and the $150.00 fee together. So, this means over $200.00 for one that would have not warranty unless I purchased a separate warranty at another expense. I don't understand how they can expect you to spend over $650.00 for a hair dryer that doesn't last for even 5 years? Then I was told by the representive that he had spent why too much time with me, and he had put me on hold 3 times to talk to his crew about my problems and it was way too much time to spend with one customer. Have you ever heard of anything so Rude and unprofessional? I will never buy another Dyson again no customer service and so Rude.

I feel your frustration. A company charging such a high premium for their products should have superior product and customer support. Dyson is failing in this regard.

Yes they are, it makes no sense to play for a refurbished model and have absolutely no warranty it will work for more than a week. I have had $35 blow dryers last 10 years. And to be told you took to much of their time is just ridiculous!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for letting us know about this. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.

Best wishes,

After being told by your customer service department I was taking up too much of their time l don’t think I will contact them again. It should be NO customer service department so rude. 

I am now on my THIRD Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer in 5 years!  The first one died on me just after the warranty period. 1 year 9 months. I was VERY unhappy. I called Dyson, and they sold me a refurbished one for $150 with NO warranty and I purchased an additional unit.  Well, the refurbished one died yesterday in 3.5 years.  I have been cleaning the filter throughly before and after every use.  It just died.  Just like the first one! 

I really like this hair dryer but I will NOT ever buy one again!  $450?  That is about $100 a year for a hair dryer!! OMG. Not me.

I am going to purchase a CHI unit for $100.  Bet it lasts more than 3 years.

Just wanted to share my story.