Cleanerhead keeps separating from main machine - Help! | Dyson Community
Solved

Cleanerhead keeps separating from main machine - Help!

• 6 August 2023
  • 3 replies

My small ball allergy has a cleaner head attached by a clip or something that locks into place. Increasingly the cleaner head is separating during vaccuming and having to be reattached 3 or 4 times. Cannot see any obvious parts missing or broken. Is this usual?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 7 August 2023, 15:45

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Isn’t there a red or grey clip that hold these in place? I guess it it fails, the head might pop off. That’s the only idea that pops into my head. Might be worth speaking to Dyson, they’ll look at a replacement part. In the interim, might be worth checking the connector for damage :)  

Hello @misscake 

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community. Sorry to hear you’ve encountered an issue with your cleaner head.

In an instance when the cleaner head disconnects from the ball, it is an indicator that the red clip is damaged or on the mechanism of the actual cleaner head. 
So you would firstly need to have a look on your machine to identify which part is faulty. I have added this link here to guide you on this.

If you finding it difficult to do so, I would encourage you to reach out to us and one of our Representatives can have a look into this for you. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

Regards,

Ok Thanks. Will have a look. Thanks for getting back to me