Airwrap shuts off - terrible customer service | Dyson Community

Airwrap shuts off - terrible customer service

• 23 May 2023
  • 8 replies

I have purchased numerous Dyson vacuums, the Supersonic, and then the Airwrap.  Everything has been perfect except the Airwrap started shutting off randomly and having to be hard reset.  I’ve checked the filter, ran it with the filter off, etc and nothing resolves the issue.  I didn’t know that the unit had a 2 year warranty that expired in December of last year until I had contacted support back in February.  They seemed to be friendly at the time, acting like they would possibly cover the unit’s fix, but couldn’t help because I didn’t have the unit with me to “troubleshoot”.  I finally got a moment at home where I could grab the unit and sit down and go thru the paces and the chat rep ran thru basic troubleshooting and finally concluded that I need to drive an hour to have it looked at so that they can charge me to fix it even though it seems to be a widespread known issue.  So I either buy a new one after 2 years or drive an hour to pay to have someone hopefully fix it so that it possibly works for who knows how long.  So upset that we’ve paid a couple thousand dollars to a company that doesn’t return the appreciation.  

Anonymous 10 months ago

Hello @Matt825 

Thanks for your inquiry.

To ensure the red flashing light does not appear on the machine, kindly make sure to thoroughly soak the filter cage in soapy water and use the filter cleaning brush to make sure no dust is trapped in the mesh.

Please follow the link for a step-by-step guideline on machine maintenance here .

Even though the 2-year warranty has passed, we can still ensure to assist you and provide you with the best possible resolution for your Dyson Airwrap.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel, and one of our team members will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and Manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact Us" section of the page, and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Regards, 

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

100% missed something crucial. What is the widespread issue?! 😬

Cleaning the filter usually clears the red lights straight up! The supersonics take some punishment before this even appears! Believe me! Being in a salon, ours tend to get knocked about! We soak the filter wrap in soapy water and scrub the silver part with a tooth brush. Have you given that a try?!

Anything outside the warranty is billable. It’s just tough luck they’ve suggested a repair job! Are you able to overnight courier to the repair centre? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Maybe this could help?! Good luck. 

Hello @Matt825 

Thanks for your inquiry.

To ensure the red flashing light does not appear on the machine, kindly make sure to thoroughly soak the filter cage in soapy water and use the filter cleaning brush to make sure no dust is trapped in the mesh.

Please follow the link for a step-by-step guideline on machine maintenance here .

Even though the 2-year warranty has passed, we can still ensure to assist you and provide you with the best possible resolution for your Dyson Airwrap.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel, and one of our team members will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and Manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact Us" section of the page, and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Regards, 

Thank you, I have already spoken with several people at Dyson about our Airwrap.  Like I said originally, it has nothing to do with the filter.  Per Dyson reps advice, we have ran it without the filter in place and had the exact same issue.  

The first rep I spoke to was very willing to help but I didn’t have the unit with me at the time.  The second time I contacted support they basically said to pay to get it fixed or replace it.  I’m forced to make the hour plus drive to the service center to just to find out how much they are going to charge me to fix it.  Now I have to weigh the cost of fixing it vs just buying the new Shark model 

100% missed something crucial. What is the widespread issue?! 😬

Cleaning the filter usually clears the red lights straight up! The supersonics take some punishment before this even appears! Believe me! Being in a salon, ours tend to get knocked about! We soak the filter wrap in soapy water and scrub the silver part with a tooth brush. Have you given that a try?!

Anything outside the warranty is billable. It’s just tough luck they’ve suggested a repair job! Are you able to overnight courier to the repair centre? 

I agree, our Supersonic has been flawless.  It’s the Airwrap that is no longer working and appears to be a widespread issue with these.

Hi @Matt825 

We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.

Best wishes,

Hi @Matt825 

We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.

Best wishes,

No problem, just sharing my unfortunate experience with support with others so they can be forewarned.  I’m seeing great reviews of the competitor product, I am just going to go that route and possibly start migrating my other products as well in that direction.  Dyson support just wants you to buy a new product instead of actually help, which is fine, other companies are more than willing to assist with aftercare.

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

With an expired warranty, it’s either repair or replace. It doesn’t matter if you own 1 or 20 of their products.

Have you considered using a courier to send the unit to the nearest Dyson repair centre or are you just after a free replacement?