Lack of complaint procedure | Dyson Community

Lack of complaint procedure

• 2 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I contacted Dyson via chat on 18th June 2024 because my vacuum (V15 Animal detect) decided to stop working. They said they could order me a new battery but they were out of stock and i would have to wait. I said they were in stock online and the advisor went away and returned after speaking to their manager. Magically, they were in stock and one arrived. 

The battery didnt solve the issue. The first is fully charged and the second charges. They wanted to send me a charger and i informed them the charger works. They decided they needed to send me a replacement machine (body only) but again said they were out of stock. i explained they were in stock online but they said they could put me on the list only, or send an engineer, if i were to wait a further 2 weeks (until 9th July)

I explained that would mean id of been without a vacuum for a month and asked if a temporary vacuum could be provided which they declined. I explained they were in stock and as one of my relatives worked for Dyson, i was aware of their process of telling customers who need a replacement part theyre out of stock and are reserved for people paying for them out of guarantee. I asked to submit a complaint and was informed they didnt have a procedure for this but could raise on my behalf via the chat. I asked to have the opportunity to submit in my own words which was denied. 

I was told i had to write my complaint on the chat and a ticket would be raised and this was the only way. 

[Moderation edit - personal information removed]

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Bugattibird24,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

I’ve reached out directly to take some further information about your experience.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.