Filter | Dyson Community
Solved

Filter

• 29 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I have the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link. It's about 5 years old and stopped working correctly about a year ago. I have been using cheaper filters I found online instead of the correct Dyson brand ones. When I called Dyson, the lady on the phone informed me this is probably why it stopped working correctly. Only the Air feature works and the heat works only when it's all the way up, otherwise the letter “E” pops up & it blows air. If I purchase the correct Dyson filter do you think it will work again? I can't afford a new machine.

icon

Best answer by Jack 4 March 2024, 17:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @gimaz,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about the issue you’re having.

We’d always recommend using genuine Dyson spare parts, including filters. Failing to do so could damage your machine, and any damage resulting from the use of non-genuine spares would not be covered under your Dyson warranty. We’re also unable to vouch for the quality or performance of non-genuine spare parts.

It sounds like your machine may be in need of a repair, and I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with the Dyson Customer Care team in your region for help arranging this. Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!