Dyson V8 Absolute Power issue with poor Customer Service | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V8 Absolute Power issue with poor Customer Service

• 9 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am writing to express my extreme disappointment and frustration with the recent experience I had with Dyson's customer service regarding my Dyson V8 Absolute vacuum cleaner.

Approximately three years ago, I made the decision to invest in a Dyson V8 Absolute in Portugal, believing in the quality and reliability of Dyson products. However, my confidence in the brand has been severely shaken due to the issues I encountered with my vacuum cleaner.

Recently, my Dyson V8 Absolute stopped charging, leaving me unable to use it effectively. Naturally, I reached out to Dyson's customer service department seeking assistance. However, the response I received was far from satisfactory. Initially, I was advised to purchase a new battery, which I found perplexing considering the age of the vacuum cleaner. When I questioned the rationale behind this suggestion, I was then instructed to purchase a new cable.

This back-and-forth exchange left me feeling frustrated and disillusioned. It became apparent to me that Dyson's customer service representatives were more focused on selling additional components rather than providing genuine solutions to the problem at hand. As a loyal Dyson customer, this experience was deeply disappointing and has significantly tarnished my perception of the brand.

Ultimately, I took matters into my own hands and managed to resolve the issue independently. However, the fact that I had to resort to self-troubleshooting speaks volumes about the lack of reliability and support offered by Dyson's customer service.

Furthermore, the short lifespan of my Dyson V8 Absolute, coupled with the subpar customer service experience, has led me to question the value of investing in Dyson products. In hindsight, I deeply regret not opting for a Philips vacuum cleaner, which boasts a longer warranty period and a reputation for superior durability.

It is disheartening to believe that Dyson may intentionally design its products with a limited lifespan in order to generate additional revenue through after-sales services and replacement parts. If this is indeed the case, it is a blatant disregard for customer trust and satisfaction.

In conclusion, I urge Dyson to reevaluate its customer service practices and product quality to ensure that loyal customers like myself are not left feeling disillusioned and betrayed. As it stands, I am left with a bitter taste in my mouth and a resolve to reconsider my future purchases from Dyson.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and sincerely hope for a resolution that restores my faith in the Dyson brand.

icon

Best answer by Jack 10 April 2024, 18:22

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @tugcekoca,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about your experience. I can only apologise it didn't live up to expectations on this occasion. 

As with any battery, the battery in the Dyson V8™ vacuum is subject to degradation over time. The exact lifespan depends on how each individual machine is used, stored and maintained, but the guarantee period is 2 years, and we would expect it to last at least that long. We test all components rigorously to ensure our machines last as long as possible, and you can find some useful tips on prolonging the lifespan of your battery pack here.

I’m sorry if you were unhappy with the diagnostic process offered by the agent you spoke with, and I’ll be happy to pass your feedback along for you to the right teams. But if you would like to discuss this further, you will need to continue your conversation with the Dyson Customer Care team in your region - here at the Dyson Community, we don't have access to customer details and we can’t intervene with individual support requests.

You can find the contact details for the Dyson Portugal team here.