How should I maintain my Dyson Cyclone V10 vacuum's brush bar? | Dyson Community
Solved

How should I maintain my Dyson Cyclone V10 vacuum's brush bar?

• 4 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Direct drive cleaner head over-susceptible to fouling/tangling from hair inside locking device

(Moderation edit - title updated)

icon

Best answer by Jack 5 March 2024, 10:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Commeen,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

As part of regular routine maintenance of your Dyson Cyclone V10™ vacuum, we recommend clearing any threads or hair from around the motorised brush bar - the clear brush housing lets you easily see whenever this needs doing. Making sure the brush bar is kept clear of tangled debris helps prevent it from building up over time and migrating to other parts of the cleaner head.

More recent Dyson cleaner heads have been re-engineered to include polycarbonate hair removal vanes, which automatically detangle and remove hair as you vacuum, releasing it straight into the bin. So less manual maintenance is needed.

If you’re concerned your Dyson Cyclone V10™ vacuum isn’t working as well as it should be, please get in touch with our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region for some help troubleshooting.

Visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

The issue is not with the brush bar but with the two-part disc shaped locking device which acts as a bearing for the revolving brush bar. Hair is able to enter and deeply penetrate the fitting, eventually preventing the bar from revolving. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Commeen,

Thanks for your reply - as mentioned, making sure the brush bar itself is kept clear of tangled debris helps prevent hair from building up over time and migrating to other parts of the cleaner head, including the part shown in your pictures. 

We would recommend regularly checking and clearing the brush bar, to help keep your Dyson vacuum working at it’s best!

I think it unlikely that, without specific instructions to do so, the end user would be aware that the two-part bearing could, or more importantly, should, be regularly dismantled for servicing.