V10 animal motorhead not working | Dyson Community
Solved

V10 animal motorhead not working

• 10 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have a V10 Cyclone Motorhead. Just after 2 years, the vacuum cleaner has stopped working, and when pressing the trigger it tries to start and then stop (known as boing sound due to the magnets). Similar experiences have been shared by:

or 

I did all the cleaning, and saw a video online with exactly the same problem and a solution: 

It is upsetting that the product broke, just over 2 years after the purchase. As a previous research engineer at Dyson UK, I know the life tests carried out in NPD and I am sure customer care will be able to support. 

Cheers,

Antonio

icon

Best answer by Jack 10 April 2024, 16:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @adammaro,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you’re having with your Dyson Cyclone V10™ vacuum. It looks like you’ll need a replacement main body assembly to resolve this.

So we can help you locate the right replacement, please visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team. If you’d prefer, you can call our UK Helpline on 0800 298 0298 (available from 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, and 8am-6pm on weekends).

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Hi @adammaro,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you’re having with your Dyson Cyclone V10™ vacuum. It looks like you’ll need a replacement main body assembly to resolve this.

So we can help you locate the right replacement, please visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team. If you’d prefer, you can call our UK Helpline on 0800 298 0298 (available from 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, and 8am-6pm on weekends).

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Hello Jake,

thanks for the welcome. The product was purchased in Italy, and I have contacted Dyson Italy through WhatsApp. 

Let me understand, you think that I would need to replace the main body (~£100 https://www.dyson.it/support/journey/spare-details.969596-07) for a product which cost £400 when purchased and a brand known to make long lasting products?

Cheers,

Antonio

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @adammaro,

Thanks for confirming - if the motor itself has failed, the replacement part needed would be the main body. Outside our free 2-year guarantee product, repairs or replacement parts would be chargeable. 

If you have further questions on this, the Dyson Italy Customer Care team will be best placed to support you.

Hello Jack,

thanks for the reply

I am surprised that Dyson offered 35% discount to purchase a new product, but no discount on the part to repair.

This company policy is upsetting, and it goes against the recently adopted EU directive on the Right to repair: https://www.europarl.europa.eu/.../right-to-repair-making.... Quoting:

Consumers’ right to repair products will now become a reality. It will be easier and cheaper to repair instead of purchase new, expensive items. 

After the legal guarantee has expired, the manufacturer is still required to repair common household products, which are technically repairable under EU law, such as washing machines, vacuum cleaners, and even smartphones. 

Does Dyson policy suggest to this company has sustainability at heart as you claim? For me this is debatable ….

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @adammaro,

It would be your decision whether to order the replacement part you need to repair your current machine and continue using this, or to order a new machine with the discount offered, and then to recycle the old one.

Both options are available to you - but in either case, the Dyson Italy team will need to support you directly, as it’s not something we can help you with via the Dyson Community.