V15 particle count - Particle counter screen not switching on. | Dyson Community
Solved

V15 particle count - Particle counter screen not switching on.

• 7 August 2023
  • 10 replies

I found the following instructions to reset the particle count: "To reset the particle count, your machine needs to be charged for at least 30 minutes, or you can remove the Click-in battery for 15 seconds before clicking back in." Unfortunately, that didn't work for me. Resetting it directly with the one button selector doesn't work either. Would anyone be able to help me with this issue?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 10 August 2023, 11:16

View original

10 replies

This is my Question!!

Originally, I did not intend to reset the counter, but restore the display instead.

I am unable to turn on the graphic display of the particle counter. When I select ON, it immediately returns to OFF. I would appreciate your help in restoring this display.

Hello @Dan Chevion 

Thanks for posting to the wider community. 

Usually, you would just need to reset the particle count on the display screen to resolve the issue that you are experiencing. I have added a guideline for you here

The piezo sensor inside the machine detects the particles, counting quantity and a size, displaying this information on the LCD screen. Our video on  Built-in dust detection on new Dyson technology will also provide you with further insight on this feature.

If the above steps have not resolve your issue, I would encourage you to contact Dyson directly and a Representative will assist you as they’re best placed to help you further and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you still need any further help regarding this, don't hesitate to respond over here. 

Regards,

This is my Question!!

Originally, I did not intend to reset the counter, but restore the display instead.

I am unable to turn on the graphic display of the particle counter. When I select ON, it immediately returns to OFF. I would appreciate your help in restoring this display.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it again? Might reset the particle count screen. If it doesn’t I’d say the screen is faulty or somethings buggy with the software. Getting Dyson to replace the body of it might solve it! 

Hello @Dan Chevion 

Thanks for posting to the wider community. 

Usually, you would just need to reset the particle count on the display screen to resolve the issue that you are experiencing. I have added a guideline for you here

The piezo sensor inside the machine detects the particles, counting quantity and a size, displaying this information on the LCD screen. Our video on  Built-in dust detection on new Dyson technology will also provide you with further insight on this feature.

If the above steps have not resolve your issue, I would encourage you to contact Dyson directly and a Representative will assist you as they’re best placed to help you further and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you still need any further help regarding this, don't hesitate to respond over here. 

Regards,

Your detailed response is much appreciated. Unfortunately, nothing helped resolve my problem and I had to contact support to have a technician assist me. For some reason, the problem vanished spontaneously after using the machine.Anyhow, thanks for your help.

Regards, Dan Chevion

I was too happy too soon. It was unfortunate that the problem returned after disappearing for a while.

I was too happy too soon. It was unfortunate that the problem returned after disappearing for a while.

Claiming for a replacement part is the only real solution left. Suspect a faulty power switch or cable. If you cna get hold of Dyson, they’ll replace the parts/whole vac. 

It seems to me that you are right. It is a brand new vacuum cleaner that I just bought. Having spoken with their representative, I have scheduled an appointment for a technician to visit me at home on Sunday. I would like to thank you as well
Dan Chevion

I have the same problem. I'm trying to turn on the particle sensor, but unfortunately I can't do it. This can be seen in the video below.
https://youtu.be/s7r1sEl07_k
What else can I do, check or reset so that the particle sensor starts working.

Unfortunately, the V15 is already out of warranty, and Dyson's service in Poland and customer service in general are a nightmare. That's why I'm looking for help in the Dyspon user community.

21 days have passed and no response to my problem :-(
I complained about the support of Dyson Poland, but I see that unfortunately it is just as bad here :-(

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Windmill_PL,

Sorry you haven’t received a reply as yet, but outside of our free 2-year guarantee period, a repair or replacement part would be chargeable.

The Dyson Poland Customer Care team should be able to help you arrange this - I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them for support in getting this resolved. You can find their contact information here.