vacuum not working when plugged in accessories | Dyson Community
Solved

vacuum not working when plugged in accessories

• 7 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi I have a cordless Dyson (not sure which model but probably a V6) that is not working when plugged in the wand or any accessories that requires power. The other accessories which don’t have any rotation works fine.

I have cleaned the filter and connection but it doesn’t work, can you help?

icon

Best answer by Jack 8 February 2024, 16:09

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Albalone.

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

This sounds like an unusual issue, and to help pinpoint the cause we'll need our Customer Care experts to take you through some further troubleshooting checks when you have your Dyson V6™ vacuum fully charged and easily to hand. If a replacement part or a repair is needed, they’ll be able to confirm if this is covered under your Dyson warranty.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

@Albalone This issue might’ve been caused by either a motor issue, or you have a faulty motherboard. 

You can watch YT videos to navigate a workaround for the former. For the latter, you can bypass the circuitboard.

To do so, you can try the following steps:

• Unplug your vacuum.
  • Expose the motherboard, usually that can be done from the vaccum’s back. 
  • Remove the battery and the motherboard. 
  • Take a screwdriver to remove the red and white wires attached to the battery.
  • You’ll be seeing the motherboard or the motor assembly now. Pull it around half an inch or so (not completely.)
  • Remove the little red + white wires and attach the red one where the larger red one was connected, the small white wire to where the black wire was connected.
  • You’re done, reassemble the vacuum now.

One thing to remember here, do not use the vacuum cleaner if your motor gets tangled with hair or starts to overheat the vacuum cleaner. 

Thank you for taking the time to help!  I will try that and will let you know if it works!