Dyson DC40 Combination Tool | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson DC40 Combination Tool

• 29 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

Can anyone help me, please? I am new to using this machine, and having extended the tool out fully, I now cannot return it to it’s original, un-extended shape. There is a grey indented area, where it looks like I should push down to return it to it’s un-extended shape, but it doesn’t seem to work. I have used later models of the DC, where the tool has a red button, which is very easy to work, but having problems using my own! Thank you for any help! 

icon

Best answer by Jack 4 March 2024, 14:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Cookie,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

As you’ve said, pressing the grey button should allow you to retract the Combination tool’s bristles up and out of the way when you want to use the Crevice tool for narrow areas. The catch may be a little stiff to release if it hasn’t previously been used, so initially using a little extra force should help. We’d expect it to become easier after a period of use.

If you continue to have difficulty with this, please speak directly with our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region.

Visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.