tips on how to style short wavy hair | Dyson Community
Question

tips on how to style short wavy hair

• 5 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I have used a brush and hairdryer to blow dry my hair for years.  My hair is short/medium length and is very curly if left to its own devices.  As it is fine and therefore flyaway, I wanted to try the supersonic styler  to see if it would improve the style to be more wavy than curly, and less dry and flyaway on the ends.  I was disappointed to see there were no options in the videos to guide me on this.  
I ended up with a 2ft high bouffant with the diffuser, calmed it down with the smaller defuser and a brush, then smoothed it out (somewhat) with the smoothing attachment, which gave it a similar look to what I wanted to achieve, it is very tempting to just go back to what I have been doing for years - hairdryer and brush.  The hairdryer itself does seem to be less damaging, and is quieter than my normal hairdryer.

Please can we have some models with shorter and curly or wavy hair?

to straighten hair and also to do a smooth wavy style I would be so grateful, thank you

Lyn C

1 reply

@LynC Thanks for your post. The Supersonic isn’t really designed for straightening (see the Corrale and Airstrait for purpose-built straighteners) - but do check out this post:

(this is a collected guide for styling using the different hair care machines)

Hope this helps!