Disappointing Experience with Dyson V15 Purchases | Dyson Community
Solved

Disappointing Experience with Dyson V15 Purchases

• 25 December 2023
  • 2 replies

l. I am writing to express my deep disappointment and frustration regarding a recent experience with two Dyson V15 vacuum cleaners that I purchased as Christmas gifts.

Recently, I purchased two Dyson V15 vacuum cleaners, and they were hand-carried to China by a family member. Upon arrival in China, we discovered that both batteries in the vacuum cleaners are faulty. This has not only left us disheartened but has also put a damper on what was meant to be a joyous holiday celebration.

Understandably, I reached out to Dyson China for assistance in resolving this issue. Unfortunately, the response from Dyson China has been far from satisfactory. I was informed that the warranty for these products is not global, meaning that items purchased outside of China are not covered by the guarantee. This has left me in a difficult situation as I am unable to ship the faulty batteries back due to lithium battery restrictions.

I must express my disappointment with this policy, as it implies that Dyson does not stand by the quality of its products globally. I believe that a reputable company such as Dyson should provide consistent and reliable customer support, regardless of the purchase location. It is disheartening to find that a product purchased with trust in the Dyson brand is not supported in the same manner internationally.

I understand that policies may differ, but I urge you to consider the exceptional circumstances in this case. As a loyal customer who has always admired Dyson's commitment to innovation and quality, I am hopeful that an exception can be made to rectify this situation promptly.

I kindly request your urgent attention to this matter and seek a resolution that upholds the integrity of Dyson's commitment to customer satisfaction. I appreciate your prompt response and assistance in resolving this matter as soon as possible.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 December 2023, 15:00

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @chenyansun , thanks for your post and sharing your feedback. Dyson products are designed specifically for the countries for which they are made for and sold in. Our machines are not multi-voltage. A power converter would be needed to use the machine in different countries; and we do not recommend using a converter, as it will damage the motor. A new Dyson would need to be purchased in China to be used in China. 

Hi @chenyansun , thanks for your post and sharing your feedback. Dyson products are designed specifically for the countries for which they are made for and sold in. Our machines are not multi-voltage. A power converter would be needed to use the machine in different countries; and we do not recommend using a converter, as it will damage the motor. A new Dyson would need to be purchased in China to be used in China. 

Thanks for your reply.
Standard voltage in China is 220V whilst UK is 230V which does not require a converter, this has also been confirmed by local Dyson engineer.