Dyson V15 how to stop the red trigger turning vacuum on | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V15 how to stop the red trigger turning vacuum on

• 10 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, just purchased and started using the V15 Detect. Superb, especially the soft roller with laser guidance. Have never seen anything like it! Wow! Anyhow, about the red trigger to activate the vacuum. I have read in other topics that after a few seconds of not using the trigger, the vacuum goes into standby mode. However, while emptying the bin, I wish I could stop it from running because I often wind up accidentally pressing the trigger. Thanks for any help. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 11 December 2023, 12:11

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @RajaB,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and congratulations on your new Dyson V15 Detect™ vacuum! I’m glad to hear it’s working so well for you.

To answer your question, there’s no way to disable the on/off trigger - the only time your machine won’t run when the trigger is pulled is when the battery is fully out of charge after use. When emptying your machine, take care to hold your machine by the non-trigger section of the hand grip to avoid accidentally activating the machine when the bin is open.

I’ve attached our Getting Started guide below in case it’s useful - although it sounds like you’re already up and running!

Hope this helps, but please come back to the Dyson Community if you need further support or advice at any point.

Thank you so much! The V15 Detect is indeed amazing. But I learned the hard way not to open the bin unless it is several inches inside our home garbage bin. The first time, I had to vacuum up the dust and dirt I spilled around it! 😁