Gen5detect question - Is there a way to store it upright without using the dock? | Dyson Community
Solved

Gen5detect question - Is there a way to store it upright without using the dock?

• 1 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Is the Gen5detect able to stay upright on its own? I’m having to prop it up against a wall or lay it down on the floor when I’m in the middle of vacuuming. I’m hoping that I must be missing something because I can’t I imagine this machine cannot stand upright on its own.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 1 October 2023, 17:41

View original

3 replies

@PJ616 You would need to use either the wall dock (to hang it in place on the wall) or the Floor Dok Multi (to hang it upright on a standalone unit without drilling into your wall).

I’d like for it to stand up on its own when I’m in the middle of vacuuming. So, for example, I’m vacuuming the living room and I need to stop vacuuming to move a piece of furniture or to answer the phone, any number of things could disrupt what I’m doing. I’m nowhere near or ready to put it on the wall dock. Another example, I removed car mats in driveway and brought vacuum out to do the mats. I had to bring vacuum back inside because there was nowhere to prop it. If I’m understanding correctly, the only way for it to stay upright is if you attach it to dock once you’ve completed vacuuming 😩

Correct. You either need to store it in the dock, lean it against a wall or unit or lay it flat on the ground. 

For the example you gave, I’d consider either leaning it against a wall or the car. You might also consider talking it apart and placing it on the car seat. The floor head, wand and main body all breakdown.