Feedback on Contacting Dyson - January 2023 | Dyson Community

Feedback on Contacting Dyson - January 2023

• 5 January 2023
  • 8 replies

How do I contact someone to raise a complaint? Whatsapp doesnt work, there is no live chat, no email address and the phone line rings constantly to tell me my wait time is 28 minutes. It's told me that since 08.00hrs this morning

(Moderation Edit - Amended Title to include Month)

Stuart 1 year ago

Hi @ian mccarthy, @Keithatfamilyestate

I’ve spoken to the service team and it was a I suspected. Following on from the Christmas period and as of a result of local postal services, they have an increase in communication regarding order enquires. Although service levels were forecast in advance, this exceeded the availability of agents to support across support. 

They assured me that these levels balanced out over the weekend and will be looking to increase service forecasting in the coming weeks/months to cope with any similar increases. 

I hope this helps answer your questions. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @ian mccarthy, @Keithatfamilyestate

I’ve spoken to the service team and it was a I suspected. Following on from the Christmas period and as of a result of local postal services, they have an increase in communication regarding order enquires. Although service levels were forecast in advance, this exceeded the availability of agents to support across support. 

They assured me that these levels balanced out over the weekend and will be looking to increase service forecasting in the coming weeks/months to cope with any similar increases. 

I hope this helps answer your questions. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @JayJay, thanks for the Tag!!

@ian mccarthy, @Keithatfamilyestate. I suspect this is due to the amount of contact we as a business receive around this time for the year. However, I’m keen to get the local team to comment and of course feed this back. Allow me time to contact our local team and investigate what the cause of this could be.

Once I’ve got a response, I’ll update you as a direct response on this post.

Thanks,

Stuart.

Hi @Keithatfamilyestate,

Your reply really intrigued me and with nothing planned today, I decided to test this out. So I decided to contact them and see if I could replicate your experience. As I said, they’ve usually been great when I’ve had to contact them in the past. I started around Midday. Here are the results:

WhatsApp - An acknowledgement within 5minutes and a conversation started around 12minutes.

Telephone - After getting past the automated options, I spoke to someone around the 9minutes mark.

Admittedly I didn’t try their social media, only because I don’t use Twitter.

Now don’t think for a second that I am saying you are wrong. There does clearly seem to be a delay. TrushPilot has a lot of comment on it. I think it might just depend on the time of day you make contact.

I know from previous conversations that the CM @Stuart is UK based. Maybe they can comment?!

Jay. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’m not certain if the UK team may be experiencing any type of communication platform issues. We do have some UK mods on the Community here who should be able to step in and help. If you’re finding that one platform is not responsive, ie: WhatsApp for example, you can certainly try live chat, phone or email support as well.

I checked Trustpilot today, and was a bit shocked that many people are having the same issue with Dyson UK at the moment, and there is a bow-wave of very negative reviews turning up! Customer services seems to be totally unresponsive and all avenues to complain to Dyson (including emails etc) have been Blocked!

What is going on?

I am having the exact same issue - seems that Dyson have shut shop!!!!

...which is VERY worrying!

Keith

@ian mccarthy Dyson UK usually get back within an hour, if not sooner. I guess it depend how busy they are. It might surprise you that WhatsApp, like email, isn’t a live messaging service. The only ones on offer for a direct response from any business function is the likes of live/direct chat, telephone or face to face. 

Your best bet is to use their website to find the best method in contacting them. www.dyson.com will get you to your countries store. 

Jay

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @ian mccarthy 

It’s disheartening to see that you haven’t been able to get in touch with someone for support. Can you let us know which country you’re in?