Lost/Missing Package - What should I do? | Dyson Community
Solved

Lost/Missing Package - What should I do?

• 18 November 2022
  • 10 replies

I recently ordered an item online and I received an email stating that it was delivered. I originally checked the secured mail room but I could not find it. I then walked around my apartment building to see if they left it outside, but still I could not find it. I spoke with management who stated they will keep an eye out for my package. My building is an apartment building with several other businesses below it. My apartment has a sign posted to notice all delivery drivers to place any packages in the "SECURED" mail room, as the front lobby is unsecured. My guess is that my package was either stolen or
the delivery driver dropped it off to the wrong location. I purchased this item as a gift for this weekend but looks like I won't be getting it on time. I then had to spend more money to buy another one in-store for a more secure purchase.

I submitted a status check on the delivery but I did not receive any response yet. I just spent twice the amount for one item. I don't want to do a chargeback claim, but will wait as a last resort.

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 18 November 2022, 14:15

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @davidm3 

Not a great experience, lets see if we can offer some assistance. 

In the initial instance, our recommendation would be to following this up with the delivery company. They would be ideally placed to track the location of the package and offer further information. 

Past this, if you need further assistance, our team would be happy to investigate this further. Please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps.

To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

Thanks, 

Stuart

I have had the exact same issue. I ordered a dyson in November 2022, the tracking details said order was delivered in December first week but I never received the package. 

I have called customer support 11 times in the past 3 months and every time they tell me something different and ask me to wait for the issue to be resolved by the shipping company. When I called the shipping company, they say they already resolved the claim with dyson saying that the package is missing. But dyson says the claim is still

open. In one of my calls with dyson customer service a new order was placed but soon after cancelled saying they need to investigate more.

It has been over 2 months of me trying to get a dyson vaccum with no support from customer service. Should I just give up on receiving the order?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @algo_s 

This is frustrating to here, and it sounds like it’s created a very disappointing experience for you - never what we like to see. Can you let us know which country you’re in, so we may provide more tailored support here? 

I have had the exact same issue. I ordered a dyson in November 2022, the tracking details said order was delivered in December first week but I never received the package. 

I have called customer support 11 times in the past 3 months and every time they tell me something different and ask me to wait for the issue to be resolved by the shipping company. When I called the shipping company, they say they already resolved the claim with dyson saying that the package is missing. But dyson says the claim is still

open. In one of my calls with dyson customer service a new order was placed but soon after cancelled saying they need to investigate more.

It has been over 2 months of me trying to get a dyson vaccum with no support from customer service. Should I just give up on receiving the order?

What a shameful experience!

I’d understand waiting a few weeks while they confirmed everything, 3 months is terrible. If they sent a new machine straight away, everyone would be doing it. I have to ask myself why it’s taken so long!

I’ve seen the mods help others, they might here but tbh, I’d be going direct! Have you raised a dispute with your bank? You might get the money back asap! 

Kellym, I live in the US.

Fishtown57, yes its been a very bad experience. Disputing with the bank is going to be my next step. I think I was really hoping Dyson would solve the issue themselves, especially since we bought it during the thanksgiving sale. Was probably just being naive. Reconsidering ordering from Dyson in the future.

Kellym, I live in the US.

Fishtown57, yes its been a very bad experience. Disputing with the bank is going to be my next step. I think I was really hoping Dyson would solve the issue themselves, especially since we bought it during the thanksgiving sale. Was probably just being naive. Reconsidering ordering from Dyson in the future.

Unfortunately raising a dispute can take sometime. I had one raised last year, 3 months later it was finally resolved. 

Shipping/service nightmare aside, which would put me off. Dyson products are really worth their salt. Have you looked at purchasing a replacement at a near by retailer? 

I wouldn’t want to purchase a replacement until this issue is resolved. The products may be great but that doesn’t give the company right to justify bad customer experience. In addition they are not particularly inexpensive products. 

My wife purchased a Dyson vacuum directly from Dyson.

We never received the package and we suspect it's been stolen since a neighbor said they found an empty box in the trash.

My wife came home crying today because "customer service" fully denied her request for a replacement without any explanation as to why. I am assuming the shipper GLS used their picture as proof the package was delivered however there is literally no identifying piece of information in that picture. An apartment number, our doormat, nothing. We live in an apartment complex each door looks exactly the same! 

It is the responsibility of the seller to ensure that a package is safely delivered to their customer. In this way Dyson and GLS failed. Their customer service failed and their fraud department failed.

We've been put on hold and transfered dozens of times and waited two weeks to find out our claim was denied. Now we are out $300 and a vacuum, and also, our valuable time. 

We trusted this company, and we were very excited to own a Dyson! But everything's been flipped on its head and thrown to the wind. I have little faith Dyson will do the right thing to fix our problem. 

Sincerely,

Disappointed 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

My wife purchased a Dyson vacuum directly from Dyson.

We never received the package and we suspect it's been stolen since a neighbor said they found an empty box in the trash.

My wife came home crying today because "customer service" fully denied her request for a replacement without any explanation as to why. I am assuming the shipper GLS used their picture as proof the package was delivered however there is literally no identifying piece of information in that picture. An apartment number, our doormat, nothing. We live in an apartment complex each door looks exactly the same! 

It is the responsibility of the seller to ensure that a package is safely delivered to their customer. In this way Dyson and GLS failed. Their customer service failed and their fraud department failed.

We've been put on hold and transfered dozens of times and waited two weeks to find out our claim was denied. Now we are out $300 and a vacuum, and also, our valuable time. 

We trusted this company, and we were very excited to own a Dyson! But everything's been flipped on its head and thrown to the wind. I have little faith Dyson will do the right thing to fix our problem. 

Sincerely,

Disappointed 

Yes. I agree Dyson should be doing more to support you. As they see it, the item was delivered. You might want to take it up GLS or look to file a police report.

If you’d paid by CC, you could consider raising a dispute. With the police report backing you up, you have a chance in getting the money returned at the very least. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I had the exact same experience. I posted about my experience yesterday in the community and today I found out Dyson moderators silently removed my post without any notice. I just posted it again and let’s see how long does it last: