Introducing the Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head | Dyson Community
CORDLESS VACUUM

Introducing the Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head

• 30 May 2023
  • 14 replies
Introducing the Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

From St James Power Station, Singapore, Chief Technology Officer, John Churchill unveiled the Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head whilst giving a glimpse into Dyson’s vision of the future of clean homes, borne of decades of expertise in filtration, airflow, motors, software, and robotics.

The Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head delivers just the right amount of water to effectively remove spills, stains, and small debris from hard floors. To achieve an optimum ‘clean floor’ finish without over saturating, the wet roller head has been engineered with an eight-point hydration system, using a pressurised chamber for even water distribution across the full width of the roller.

The motor-driven microfibre roller removes spills, tough stains and small debris, covering flooring up to 110m, thanks to a 300ml clean water tank. A durable plate extracts contaminated water from the wet roller and deposits it into a separate waste-water tank to ensure no dirt and debris is transferred back onto the floor. Designed with a low profile and full-width brush bar, the Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head allows for effortless manoeuvring underneath furniture, cleaning dust, debris, and spills from even the most awkward places.

To learn more about the he Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head, which provides a whole-home cleaning solution, to wash, detect and detangle, all-in-one Dyson, visit the Future of clean article. 

If you’d like to share any feedback on this new release or have a question, please leave us a comment below. 

14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Will this head be available separately, and will it attach to a V8?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Will this head be available separately, and will it attach to a V8?

Hey @FLDisneyGirl

Thanks for asking 😁!

Only those products sold with the Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head have the software needed to intelligently switch between wet and dry cleaning. Previous software is not compatible with wet floor cleaning.

At the moment, we don’t sell the wet roller head separately as an accessory. This may however change in the future - if it does, we’ll look to share the news here.

The best place to be kept up-to-date with what’s available in your market is by visiting Dyson.com

Thanks,

Stuart

Interesting design. How much clean and dirty water can the water chambers/tanks hold?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Interesting design. How much clean and dirty water can the water chambers/tanks hold?

Thanks for the question, @Kibbleb

The clean water tank holds 300ml, while the dirty water tank holds 360ml. This should be enough to cover up to 110sqm with a single tank, although actual cleaning coverage may vary depending on how you use the machine. 

Hope this helps, but let us know if you have any further questions on the Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I really need to invest in this. While I love my V8, this would make cleaning my ceramic tile so much easier!! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Stuart 

Very excited to have this machine launched across the globe! 

Most South East Asian people live barefoot in their homes, and this seems to be a great choice. It especially becomes difficult when we spill liquid on the floor as it becomes sticky if not cleaned properly.

Other competitors included the mopping tool with their cordless, however they had bad odours as moist air was sucked to their motor. 

Hope Dyson solved these kinds of issues that competitors were having, and looking forward to seeing this at your demo stores very soon!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The wife and I renovated last year, installing hard flooring throughout the downstairs. Hardwood in the living room and dinning area, tiles throughout the kitchen, hallway and entrance hall. This will without a doubt be indispensable once we’ve purchased it. Nice innovation Dyson. 

I saw this announced yesterday but then found today it won’t work with original Gen15detect. Completely unacceptable with sustainable practices and in this day and age beyond belief that there isn’t a way to update software for this. In fact not being software updatable when you now have devices like the detect is baffling in itself. There are Dyson repair centres everywhere so even a way to do it via these would work as the worst case scenerio. Really poor all around.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I saw this announced yesterday but then found today it won’t work with original Gen15detect. Completely unacceptable with sustainable practices and in this day and age beyond belief that there isn’t a way to update software for this. In fact not being software updatable when you now have devices like the detect is baffling in itself. There are Dyson repair centres everywhere so even a way to do it via these would work as the worst case scenerio. Really poor all around.

Hi @woofydb

With the Dyson V12s and V15s Submarine™ vacuums, software detects that the Dyson Submarine™ wet roller head has been attached and automatically puts the machine into wet cleaning mode. This deactivates the suction motor to ensure there's no ingress of water into the machine. Earlier versions of V12 and V15 don't include this newer software, which means that the wet roller head won't work with any other Dyson vacuums. Sorry for any disappointment this causes - it's not always possible for us to make sure that every new accessory or cleaner head we launch will be backwards compatible with existing machines.

It’s great to have you’re feedback on this and I will ensure it is passed along to the right teams. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Hey @dyson did you actually read what Stuart said before commenting? You do realize firmware updates at a repair center isn't an unreasonable concept considering we're living in an age of sustainable products and considering your home country is Australia.... you know the one with dying reefs? It's already slightly unreasonable of you to still be using barrel jack connections instead of swapping to USB-C considering there's now C bricks that push 100W or < and I'm sure the EU will be pointing that finger at you next as they have already crushed Apple on this subject unless you want to admit there's something on the hardware end of the vacuum that's changed. I also highly doubt you can't do firmware upgrades as we have already seen the insane amount of test ports you integrated into the boards of your robot vacuums in teardown videos. Clearly have a thing for making data connection points to the boards of your products. It would be awesome if you didn't try to make us buy $500-1000 vacuums every 2-3 years as it's creating massive waste products and not really sustainable for the environment (caught caught great barrier reef). Ya that's a massive PR slap in your face... That could have been a whole PR marketing gold mine to advertise yourself as the first company committed to making your products exo friendly with sustainable upgrades in hardware/software and/or both in order to protect our environment but your missing out on that opportunity by sitting here saying "well it's just got different software".my cars got different software every few months.... half my appliances get software updates these days, your newly emerging market of robot vacuums have to be extremely focused on OTA updates for software and it's damn well time you integrated this into the rest of your devices or your loosing out on the opportunity of a lifetime to be the first, the best, and the last vacuum brand you would want to buy. 

Unbelievable. I was excited to buy this new attachment for my V15, or so I thought. Forced obsolescence is completely unacceptable. I’ll buy from Shark before I buy another Dyson product again. 

So my 1 year old Dyson V15 is not going to work with Submarine head because you are not going to update my product’s software. Did I understood right ? 
And you say: sell 1 year old Dyson V15 and get new one… Don’t you also think that doesn’t make sense ? 

Just brought my v15dect vacuum a month ago replacing the old v6, and now I can see a new product appear and cannot use the water accessory due to a firmware update? What is happening with Dyson? Never seen this approach before. 

Hi there,

I have a couple questions here. Firstly, I am unable to register my v15 submarine, showing its serial numbers are not found. And it now has problem with the wet roller head, it doesn’t deliver any water.

Please advise.

Thanks.