Dyson Zone - Listening with a USB-C to USB-C | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Zone - Listening with a USB-C to USB-C

• 22 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello 👋🏻

I tried using the included USB-C to USB-C cable to connect the Zone to my phone to listen that way but it doesn't work.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, it will recognize that a device is plugged in but it only sends it power, it doesn't recognize it as an audio device. 

If I use the in-flight adapter with a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter and connect it to my phone's USB-C port then my phone recognizes the 3.5mm adapter as an audio device and send out the audio.

Is there a way I can use the Zone wired and connect it to my phone with just a USB-C to USB-C cable?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ernables 22 October 2023, 01:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

hey jcc, 

hope you are well and welcome to the zone family!

may i ask why you dont use the bluetooth function with the phones? as far as I know, this is expected behaviour -- the phones will not connect to usb audio. you would need a DAC betwixt the phone and headset. not all headphones have a built in DAC.

if it matters, ive a iphone 15 pro max 1tb which has usb c and it also does not send audio out the usb port. my android phone is a samsung galaxy z fold 5 1tb unlocked. 

Thanks for your input!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks for your input!

maybe @Stuart can find out for us officially from the engineers. i would think adding a DAC would be more cost to the system and maybe they expected most folks to use bluetooth anyway, but this is my speculation.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Jcc546

Welcome to the community - I hope you’re enjoying the Zone headphones 😁!

@ernables is correct. This is the expected behavior.

The headphones audio option is only playable as a direct plug-in using either an inflight adapter, 3.5mm adapter or via a Bluetooth connection. The audio will not work using USB-C to USB-C.

If you wanted to purchase the Dyson In-flight adapter kit, which includes the 3.5mm adapter, please visit our Dyson store using the link below: How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community

For reference, here’s the link to the store page in the US - In-flight adaptor kit | Dyson.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You rock per usual @Stuart . Thanks sir for the fast response.