Dyson 360 Vis Nav - Software error | Dyson Community
Question

Dyson 360 Vis Nav - Software error

Userlevel 2
Badge

I've had a bad few days. Several software errors today already. I'm starting to think I got a faulty machine. 

17 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

With the Dyson Vis Nav having for the last few days, I'm not sure whether it is confused of my home layout. It seems to wander the house aimlessly not knowing where to go. 

With the Dyson Vis Nav having for the last few days, I'm not sure whether it is confused of my home layout. It seems to wander the house aimlessly not knowing where to go. 

I had this to begin with. Having the robot is a very steep learning curve. if anything changes in the floor plan, if there uneven lighting or closed areas, where there were previously open, it can act like it is lost. Read My robot seems lost, what does this mean? | Dyson Community. There some tips that could help you out. 

Pete.

I've had a bad few days. Several software errors today already. I'm starting to think I got a faulty machine. 

Poor start. In my experience, when calling or speaking to Dyson they begin with diagnostics or even have you factory reset the product. If I were you, before contacting them I’d do the reset and start again. Start here: Power Cycling/Restarting/Resetting' the robot | Dyson Community.

Software over hardware. 100% that Dyson will prompt you to download the latest version of Software. 

If there was a hardware fault, I’d expect an they’d replace it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @chienwuen

Thanks for sharing.

I see other owners have shared their own suggestions - I’m very keen to hear if this has been resolved yet? If it has, it would be great to hear what the solution was. 

Likewise, if it’s still ongoing, please let me know and we’ll work together to have it resolved 😁!

Stuart

Userlevel 2
Badge

Was told to take off the dock for 24 hours which I did after a call from Dyson.

Initially works but now another software error again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @chienwuen

Thanks for the update - let’s see what we can do here. 

To get started, could you please drop me a DM with the machine’s serial number? I can use this to review any error/operation codes sent to the Dyson cloud. Providing technique advice in return.  

Alternatively, if you wanted to speak to your local support team directly, please follow back up with them. 

Hope to speak soon, 

Stuart

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just DMed you. Thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Just DMed you. Thanks. 

Fingers crossed you get this sorted ASAP!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Unfortunately, I have returned the unit. The software errors were just too frequent and I couldn't see an end of the issues in the near future. I hope it is eventually a software issue but I think I'll pass this version. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Unfortunately, I have returned the unit. The software errors were just too frequent and I couldn't see an end of the issues in the near future. I hope it is eventually a software issue but I think I'll pass this version. 

Shame. On paper it’s marketed as an update to the predecessor. You’d of thought the software vs hardware wouldn’t be glitching or faulty. 

I now have a software error 19.10.-1  the machine leaves the dock moves around then returns to the dock.  If I attempt another clean it moves off again then displays error 19.10.-1 and says power off.  This is now the second issue I’ve had do I require a new machine because really at $2399.00 a repair is really not good enough!  

I now have a software error 19.10.-1  the machine leaves the dock moves around then returns to the dock.  If I attempt another clean it moves off again then displays error 19.10.-1 and says power off.  This is now the second issue I’ve had do I require a new machine because really at $2399.00 a repair is really not good enough!  

Sounds like a software fault to me. Have you called Dyson? They’ll be able to provide you with a fault reason, based on the code. Nothing I’ve seen happen here before. 

If the fault is a software mis-match, you’ll have to reset the unit. 

if it’s a hardware fault, they’ll most probable replace it for a like-for-like unit.

So I have had my robot replaced.  It has performed two cleans (which were not very good) third clean nothing in the bin but the robot covered in what I suspect dust it was supposed to suck in looks like it just blew it everywhere.  Then it couldn’t find the dock twice had to take it back to it! It is my third fault in as many months.  Is it time for a refund???? 

So I have had my robot replaced.  It has performed two cleans (which were not very good) third clean nothing in the bin but the robot covered in what I suspect dust it was supposed to suck in looks like it just blew it everywhere.  Then it couldn’t find the dock twice had to take it back to it! It is my third fault in as many months.  Is it time for a refund???? 

3rd time lucky goes the saying. I wouldn’t hold much hope, especially with two failed attempts. Before jumping at a refund, might be worth checking for a blockage. Might explain the debris going everywhere but in the bin! Start with these videos!

Let me know how you get on 😅

Hi, was this resolved?

I have the Dyson less than 2 days and this error started to appear

FYI, tried the manual S/W update and factory reset using the USB option and still no good