Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot vacuum - software release RB03PR.01.08.002.4054 | Dyson Community
Sticky News

Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot vacuum - software release RB03PR.01.08.002.4054

Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot vacuum - software release RB03PR.01.08.002.4054
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
  • Dyson Community Manager
  • 665 replies

Our latest software release for the Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot vacuum (RB03PR.01.08.002.4054) includes the following updates:

Learns and prioritises high dust areas:

• Makes them a priority and automatically increases suction.

Cleaning and reliability improvements:

• Smoother motion.
  • More accurate dock detection and navigation.

Better experience:

• Battery level displayed on the main menu.
  • Mapping and zoning guidance for new owners.

To make sure you’re always fully benefitting from the latest software and features, we’d recommend enabling automatic updates for your robot within the MyDyson™ app. Updates will then occur when your robot is inactive, docked, and connected to Wi-Fi. 

To see if your robot’s software has already been upgraded, check for update RB03PR.01.08.002.4054 in your robot’s settings within the MyDyson™ app.

10 replies

My robot keeps getting stuck after this release, previously no stoppages. Now it got stuck 5 times and it was against simple stuff like a wall.

My robot keeps getting stuck after this release, previously no stoppages. Now it got stuck 5 times and it was against simple stuff like a wall.

I've noticed that it's got stuck as well when didn't have problems before. Particularly under furniture - wasn't issue before. It asks me to redock and then gets stuck again.

My software just updated to version RB03PR.01.08.002.4086

Anyone knows the release notes?

thanks!

Looking at the version number I assume its just a bug fix release.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Aprokote and @Morcman,

Just to confirm, RB03PR.01.08.002.4086 is a minor update including bug fixes and stability improvements.

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hi @Aprokote and @Morcman,

Just to confirm, RB03PR.01.08.002.4086 is a minor update including bug fixes and stability improvements.

Hope this helps!

Any chance that diagonal zone dividers could be incorporated into the mapping part of the app?  The lack of these is a real problem with actually creating zones in our house that has angled walls.  Happy to provide our house plans if you guys would like to look at it.

Thank you for the Update. 

I got a really god idea for the docking in issues! That would change a lot!

That idea was also sent to UK after I discussed the solution with my Vis Nav Professional. I hope it will find a way into the VisNav Settings.

The Idea

• Create a toggle to switch on the LED Ring when the Vis Nav is on its way to the docking station and in the docking process. Make sure that the setting is NOT in linked to the brightness of the room- just turning on the LED lights. 

Here is why and how I found it as a solution.
My Vis Nav and also my old 360 Heurist got always issues with docking in, no matter if it was day or night, sunny, cloudy or with lightbulbs.

I got an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I switched on the flashlight and positioned it behind the Robot while it was docking in, but got issues to find the dockingstation. The reason was, I hoped that by improving the light conditions the robot will lern how to dock in better in the future…. BUT I found out that EVERYTIME I placed the iPhone-Flashlight behind the Robot it always finds the Station within a few moments, and docked in flawlessly ALWAYS!!!

The Heurist and the VisNav got the LED Light Ring. So why don’t use them to improve the dockingprocess! It works! I promise! 

I would love to have this as a toggle.

Dyson could say “By docking issues turn this toggle on, and the vis nav will turn its LED ring on when its on the way to dockingstation and it keeps the lights on during the docking process until its done.”

Please take the time to reproduce the issue and give it a try. If its needed I can create a video how its works for me to this day.

Badge +1

Hi @Aprokote and @Morcman,

Hope this helps!

Any chance that diagonal zone dividers could be incorporated into the mapping part of the app?  The lack of these is a real problem with actually creating zones in our house that has angled walls.  Happy to provide our house plans if you guys would like to look at it.

Doesn’t help at all. This thing is completely useless without diagonals. Should I return it, or is this something that Dyson will add?? On the phone with support now because it won’t even clean the toe-kicks in our kitchen. This is the worst Dyson product I’ve ever owned. And they’re telling me that if I don’t return it within 30 days I can’t. Do I wait and take a chance on a $1600 vacuum?  Not feeling warm fuzzies on this purchase, and I’ve waited years for our Roomba to die so I could get one. 😭😭😭

My Dyson vis nav will not connect to my WiFi all my other devices in the house connects no problem so I sent it to Dyson they sent it back and said they done tests on the machine cleaned it and checked to see if it connected to the WiFi all they told me that it was working fine so when I got it back I tried to connect to the app again it all go well the Bluetooth connects but as soon as it begins to connect to the WiFi it just loads I waited 30 mins and still no charge so I opened a new account and tried to connect it to a new account and still the machine blue thooth is fine the phone can see the machine all that part go throw until it gets to the connection with the WiFi logo on the screen and the 4 circles each one has to load up well mine will only load on the first circle and after that it will not connect so I’m thinking it must be my WiFi but saying that all my other devices work fine! I’m so confused really really confused I’m gonna take it to my sisters house see if it will connect to her WiFi so I can download the app and use the app to the full. Please I have a 5G three Hub WiFi could that be the problem help me please someone help me. 
thank you