Dyson Airblade V Hand Air Dryer not working, what should I check? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Dyson Airblade V Hand Air Dryer not working, what should I check?

• 31 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

At my workplace I have a 3 Dyson airblade V hand air dryers setup in the customer washrooms(1 in male, 1 in female and 1 in accessible washroom). The one in the male washroom hasn't worked at all and it  all since the begining (and nobody bothered trying to get it fixed until I got hired. 

The issue is that the unit would make a small beep when it detected your hands underneath in position however the motor would fail to activate.

What I did try doing was swapping the unit in the male washroom with the one in the accessible washroom, the one from the accessible washroom worked fine in the male washroom(so It would not be the power source)

I tried cleaning the housing from all the dust (no sign of any water entering that could damage the unit) and still no luck. I also tried cleaning the PCB of the sensor with a little electrical contact cleaner with no luck. I disconnected the connector that goes from the PCB to the motor and It stopped making the beep but obviously would’nt start.

I dissassembled the motor to the best of my ability and tried getting a reading of motor winding resistance sitting around 1.1 megaohms, however I could’nt isolate the motor when I was taking the reading so the resistance may also include resistance values coming from sensor unit.

I wanted to ask If there is something else I should check or if anyone has any knowledge of any specific readings I should take a look at or if anyone has the electrical diagram. I would love to thoroughly troubleshoot and determine which part in the system is causing the trouble but without any spec sheets specifying values of any use, I can only assume and jump to conclusion

For some background info I have the HU02 low voltage (120v) unit

Thank you

Hi @Nikola.02,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Sorry to hear one of your Dyson Airblade V™️ hand dryers is experiencing this issue. Dyson hand dryers include a free 5-year Dyson warranty, but please be aware dismantling a machine to the extent you’ve described could void your Dyson warranty.

In the event of a breakdown relating to the motor, we would normally replace the main body assembly, and you would just swap this out and fit this to the existing installed backplate.

Please can you let me know which country you’re based in, so I can put you in touch with the right Dyson For Business team to support you?

I'm in canada.

For the 5 year warranty does the product have to be registered for the 5 year warranty to be active?

thanks.

Hi @Nikola.02,

All you need to validate your Dyson warranty is a copy of your proof of purchase - so a store receipt, order confirmation email, or other documentation to show when the machine was purchased.

Even if you don’t have this, it’s worth getting in touch to discuss your options.

Dyson For Business Support in Canada can be reached by calling 1-866-236-3884.

Hope this helps!

My niece throw my Dyson air dryer in the water I don’t know what to do tried to dry it leave it in the air for 24hours now please any help