Faulty Corrale | Dyson Community
Solved

Faulty Corrale

I am really upset with Dyson. I own several of their products including the Airwrap, hairdryer and Corrale straighteners and after today’s experience concerning the latter product, I will never buy another Dyson machine again and will discourage my friends and family from doing so! 

Last year my Corrale’s stopped working - they wouldn’t charge. Contacted Dyson and they sent a new charger but then it was obvious it was a machine issue rather than a charger fault, so I eventually got them replaced as I was within warranty, which was quite an arduous process in itself as I recall having to send multiple videos and go through the same set of “troubleshooting steps” over and over again. 

Less than 12 months later my second pair of Corrale’s have stopped working due to the same power issue. I contacted Dyson today via the chatbot and was told I was out of warranty (even though I had a brand new pair of Corrales less than 12 months ago, the warranty period was not extended), so I would have to pay £99 for a repair. Expressed my dissatisfaction and was then told they were willing to “go the extra mile” as I was a “loyal customer” so I would get a free repair. I was then told that my Corrales could not be repaired after all, but they could offer 25% off a brand new pair! I asked how this would work (I.e, do I get a discount code to use) and they said no, but the offer would only last for 30 days and would have to be done via Dyson (so a really poor explanation of how the discount would be applied and I was made to feel I had to buy them there and then and could not think about it).  Asked more questions to be then told I could get a returb pair for £99! I said well, you offered me a free £99 repair so can’t you offer me a free £99 refurb? Was told no, a refurb is usually £239 so I’m basically getting a good deal, and they could not assist further :(

The Dyson representative was so unprofessional, using poor English and syntax and their replies made little sense, not to mention promises being made then quickly retracted and conflicting information provided. I’m absolutely disgusted with the complete lack of customer “care”, not to mention having been provided with 2 pairs of brand new straighteners which have been reduced to landfill each time within the space of 12 months because the batteries have degraded to render them completely unusable, and apparently they cannot even be repaired!

To say I am upset is an understatement. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 6 June 2024, 13:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Alexia H,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - I’m sorry to hear you’re disappointed with the experience you’ve had so far.

Just to confirm, the 2-year guarantee on the Dyson Corrale™ straighteners runs from the original date of purchase. If your straighteners are replaced during this timeframe due to a breakdown, their guarantee cover runs from the original purchase date.

From the information you’ve provided it also sounds like our Customer Care team have attempted to find alternate solutions - a free repair or discounted refurbished replacement - for you as a gesture of goodwill, despite your machine being out of guarantee.

I’ve messaged you directly to take some further details, and I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

I have messaged you privately as requested, but please do not mark this as resolved as this is certainly not the case!